Thread: New to WG

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was extremely stessful, the CT on 10/31 said most likely malignant....they told us it was inoperable a couple of days later and that even the biopsy was going to be difficult...so, Wegener's was actually a blessing compared to what they thought. they can't remove it safely...I started treatment on 12/1 when they finally figured out what the mass was caused by...they are guessing 1 year to a year and a half before it is disolved enough to remove the balance....it was growing at a very fast rate...4.5cm on 10/31, 5.6cm 2 weeks later.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

strangely enough i do have something to thank wg for.my rheumy has always been of the opinion that there must be an infection however small causing my white cells to behave the way they are.i spent 2007 having a different test every week,in sept 2007 i went for a colonoscopy where they found a tumour.within a few days the tumour was removed but my colon perforated resulting in emergency surgery and a week in intensive care.i finished a 6 month weekly course of chemo in june and had a stoma reversal in sept 2008,and up to now all is well.as it turned out the cancer and the wg were not related but if wasn't for my rheumy sending me for tests the cancer would not have been discovered at such an early stage.every cloud eh.
    john