User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: How does your Wegener's Affect your Family?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am pretty sure nobody wants to see me with my top off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    I prefer hardwood the best. But there are some tiles and laminates that are quite nice as well. A lot of new homes here have in-floor heating on all levels so your feet never get cold and the whole house feels warmer over all. Even many older homes are retrofitted with in-floor heating. My dad is a flooring installer by trade and have helped him on many jobs over the years and lifting up old carpet in what seemed to be very clean homes was very disgusting.
    The in floor heating is really nice in bathroom in winter time. No cold feet when you get out of shower. Probably not as necessary in rooms with carpeting since this avoids the cold feet feeling but it does also help reduce the dust build up from forced air heating. Still an issue though in summer time with central air conditioning. I haven't seen it yet but guess they also have in floor AC sort like what they put in car seats today. Anyone have that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm very thankful that i have my father when it comes to thois disease. WIthout him, i wouldnt behere right now.

Other poeple in my family aren't exactly the kind of poeple to deal with these kinds of things. but w/e i have my dad to help me, and thats all i really need

What really hurts is when your peers at school talk down to you, thinking your making the whole thing up, and when you miss a week of school, they roll their eyes, and say " oh great your sick AGAIN?"

Thats when the pred kicks in and i can't help but give THEM the WG nose, hehehe....

cuz really, it's none of their business.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ginger/Holly, you are learning some tough life lessons awfully young. You hang in there, Lil Weggie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RCOSSIO View Post
    In fact, we can go boating and fishing and then get online and discuss "How to escape a room"
    He.did.not.just.mention.The.Room. Oh no, he didn't.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Richard and Sangye, I forgot all about the ROOM.

I would love to come to FLA but can not handle the heat and humidity, but the tiles sound nice. If I were to take my shirt off one would have to notify the general public, NASA, the Navy and Air Force and Air Traffic control because I am so white I would blind anyone that would look in my direction.

Holly, you will get through this. Your peers at school your age are not mature enough yet to understand what is going on with you. I am very glad you have your Dad. That is very important.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post

Jack--what's a wet room?
    Instead of having a shower enclosure, you tile and waterproof the entire room (or a large area where the shower is) and have a drain in the floor. This gives a nice unrestricted shower area, but the entire room tends to get wet. This is fine in hot countries when it dries quite quickly, but miserable in England unless the room is very well heated.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the point of such a large type room in which one can shower?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

although nicely set up Phil .... nooooooooooo..... i will not touch that.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    What is the point of such a large type room in which one can shower?
    The holiday home I used last year had one and it was ideal for the wheelchair. In fact they even supplied a plastic wheelchair for use in the shower!

For the more able bodied, it is quite nice having all that extra space or there is room to share with a friend!
    Jack

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast