Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Leg , hand cramping and Tonic Water

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I too had the Video Assisted thoracic surgery march 2009 and still feel like my left side of chest is wierd..tight...but it is scar tissue. I think the medicines that I am on and you all are on kinda does a slop job of healing our wounds. I guess I have to live with it. If you think you have an infection see the doctor immediately and have your thoracic surgeon check it out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Misskay, I agree with Elephant--definitely get it checked out right away if anything looks odd.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surgeon looked at it this week. It was his idea to start the peroxide, etc. I'm not 'really' worried about it yet... just wondered if anyone here had experience with the issue of non-healing wounds and had any thing to add that might help. I know the meds slow the healing process to a dang crawl, but enough already lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had two leg ulcers that each took 9 months to a year to close. They were vasculitic ulcers, though, not a wound. A wound is less complicated to heal! I'm so glad you saw your doc. I guess it's just a matter of waiting?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yay to waiting...NOT! lol
    Am having vasculitis issues with a few fingers. Not wounds yet, but very painful and discolored with a couple of red spots that are 'suspect'. We're keeping a close eye on those. Seems the fun never ends.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misskay View Post
    Still have the same issues here ( surgey was mid-June)... at first I thought it was shingles, but no rash. Almost feels like I've got my ribs taped on that side. The chest tubes 'holes' are still not healed and one is possibly starting to get infected. Anyone got any words of wisdom? Right now I wash the sites twice a day with peroxide, dab on some antibiotic cream and loosely bandage to keep clothes from chafing. And NO bra unless I'm leaving the house...
    I have heard of ingesting a few drops of hydrogen peroxide (food grade) with a glass of water each day. What do you say to this Sangye? Also what about the same with Iodine?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about doing that with Wegs. It's a good general practice for otherwise healthy people, though.

For iodine, you definitely should make sure you need it and then take it in the form of a supplement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you find out if you need iodine Sangye?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're doing the right thing Misskay. Keep it clean. Change bandages. It gets better. In my case I work outdoors...got sweatied up and my bandages came loose all the time. Constantly thought it was the end of the world. I just peeled off the old bandages...washed around the area..put on new bandages and everything worked out. Externally the wounds are all healed. Internally...it takes about 8 months for the sliced nerves to regenerate, reattach and calm down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My choice would have to be wine. My prim doc told me not to many sports drinks .Drink water with just a little bit of 100% apple juice and your body gets everything it would out of the sports drink. The way I sweat I need it by the gallons. When I dont drink enough water I noticed more swelling?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123