Likes Likes:  0
Page 24 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: News of Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you, yes it was a very extended one. Our oldest will be going to London's UCL and Brunnel to do his MSc and PhD in Cognitive Psycology for 4 to 5 years and so we looked around London for possible rentals or dorms and I filled myself with all the high teas and finger sundwiches and scones and....... It was great. Now I will have both my sons in Europe, if you remember the youngest is going now into his 4th year of medicine in Poland. AND I am feeling great, I am down to...... 4mg as of last Monday, feeling great, just a bit achey. I hope to again keep at 4 for at least month and a half and than go to 3 or 3.5. How are you and are you still on pred?
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's all great news!! Based on what I've learned recently about tapering below 5 mg and 3 mg (the two big alarm points), I suggest staying at 4mg for longer than a month. Dr Seo said when you've been on pred for a long time, it can take many months just to get below 3 mg.

To give you an idea of what he meant by "on pred a long time:" After being off pred for 2.5 years, I was back on 4 mg for about 9 months. He considered that a long time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jolanta, sounds that is wonderful about you sons! Welcome back!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will listen to your good advice and stay longer, after the flare last year I definitely want to take it easy and slow.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JanW posted some info about it that she learned at the Symposium, too. I know you'll find it since you're catching up!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was reading her posts, I am realy sad that I was not back for the Symposium, I so wanted to go but it was just not written in the cards so I guess untill next time. Reading her post is great, she give so much detail its like I am there
    Jolanta

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This thing is an iPhone 4 and you can just put two fingers (finger and thumb) on the screen and spread them apart to zoom. It is all very trick I'm sure, but it is a nuisance and the on screen keyboard is too small for my thick fingers.

I love cream teas (with coffee!) and it's one of the few things I can still eat.

Does anyone in the USA even know what a cream tea is?

Cream must be Clotted Cream which is VERY thick (not whipped).
    Jam must be strawberry and preferably home made.
    Scones should also be home made and fresh. I like the ones with sultanas.
    I don't know if there is even an equivalent to clotted cream here , unless so underground dairy is putting it out for UK expatriates. My Scottish grandmother used to do the rest of it, though, when I was very young. Yum! Unfortunately, regular cream, which was available, went into the tea. Nice, but I've no idea if it was anywhere near the clotted cream in effect and flavor. Yes, with sultanas Yummy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doug thanks for sharing the picture, made my mouth water, I have to buy some cream tomorrow, I have some scones in the freezer my mum made so Im going for it tomorrow.
    cheers Col 23

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pictures of food!!! Yummy!!!! I haven't eaten yet today.

Doug Guest

Col 23- Thank Jack, if he's back on line out West on vacation! He posted the photo originally, and it came along for the ride when I quoted his comment.... Now I want scones and tea! I haven't eaten yet today, either!

Page 24 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast