Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Almost one year later, in remission

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Almost one year later, in remission

I was diagnosed with GPA 11/22/22. Started infusions of Rituximab. Discovered in April that riyuximab was not working. Switched me to Cytoxan. Only did 4 infusions because of the risk associated with Cytoxan. Been on oral CellCept since August. 1500mg in the morning and 1500mg in the afternoon. Recent lab results positive. Pr3 of 0.3 woo hoo. ANCA also within normal range. Latest CT shows no infection in the lungs. 11/6/23 I was pronounced in remission. Now the challenge of staying in remission. Been a rough year, but I am physically and emotionally in a much better place. God luck to everyone else in your treatments and recoveries.

Happy Veterans Day to my fellow veterans out there.

Alan

2. Likes Pete, John S, Dirty Don, CaraJ, drz, J@$0N liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: Almost one year later, in remission

Did you have any side effects from the Cellcept? My doctor is considering it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Almost one year later, in remission

The only issue I have had with CellCept is severe heartburn / indigestion. I was on Omeprazole when I was receiving the Cytoxan infusions. When I ran out, I thought, I probably do not need that anymore. In like two days, the indigestion started up and I realized that I still need the Omeprazole. I'm pleased with not having to get infusions. It's only been ten months, but the CellCept appears to be working for me.