Hi, I have had WG since 2010. Kidney and lung involvement in the beginning, now just mainly joints and sinuses and high CRP and Sed rate. I was almost in remission in early 2017 on Prednisone and imuran and so my rheumy told me if I wanted to have a baby, then was the time. So I got pregnant and had my son in February of 2018. Since then I have had the worst flare ever, second only to my first one in 2010. Tried the Imuran again, had horrible back pain and no effect on my numbers, so I had to stop it. My rheumy didn't want to do methotrexate or Rituxan or Cellcept again, as none worked for me in the past. He put me on high Prednisone to get my inflammation down, then Plaquenil to try to maintain. So far so good. It seems to be working. I still have joint pain, but it has kept my inflammation markers down, with no side effects, while tapering off the prednisone. From the time I had my son until now, no drug has been able to keep my CRP and Sed rate low (except for high Prednisone). But the Plaquenil seems to be doing a good job so far.

Now I'm down to 5mg of prednisone and will have more blood draws in July to see how the Plaquenil is doing (almost) by itself.

Good luck!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk