Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Having a tough time again

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Having a tough time again

After all I've been through these past few months, strained MCL in L knee, broken R foot, wegs, yada, yada, I just can't get a break!!!! Just found out yesterday, I have a torn Meniscus in the left knee now! Arthroscopic surgery is scheduled for the 19th. (yea, NEXT WEEK!!) Should be OK after 2 weeks off work, on crutches, and then 4 weeks of light/desk duty while it heals.

Like many of you, I'm really tired and emotionally spent!! That's why I'm thinking of changing my name to Job (biblical reference).

Hope all of you are having a great day!

One good thing did come my way this morning in an e-mail from an instructor here at the college: "Subject: "Stay Strong!" Mike, I enjoy our talks and always look forward to seeing you. I am always amazed by your positive energy and willingness to help other people. Keep your head up and continue to be your positive self. Best, Dave" Kinda made my day a little brighter. (-8

<sigh>
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sorry that you are going thru another issue. Wegs is unpredictable about what it sends at us next. I wish you all the best with the surgery and healing of your knee Job. Take care of yourself and keep us informed about how it is going.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeG-2012 View Post
    One good thing did come my way this morning in an e-mail from an instructor here at the college: "Subject: "Stay Strong!" Mike, I enjoy our talks and always look forward to seeing you. I am always amazed by your positive energy and willingness to help other people. Keep your head up and continue to be your positive self. Best, Dave" Kinda made my day a little brighter. (-8
    Our health may stink but attitude doesn't have to. Maintaining a good cents of humour is critical.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sending prayers for an easy surgery and recovery. please update us.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hang tough Mike...best to you.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope the surgery goes well, Mike. Also, hoping for a speedy and uneventful recovery. Oh, and invite Prof. Dave to have a beer with you sometime...
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear about you having to go through that Mike but look at it this way..2 weeks off and a month of easy work..did you plan this ??!! By the way your prof. was right about everything he said about you. Good luck with your surgery. Keep us posted
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She'll be right mate is a term that we Aussie's like to say.

A couple of weeks off, just about around your thanksgiving, yeah I tend to agree with Debra that your plan has worked nicely

Seriously though, I hope it all goes smoothly and you are able to get around very soon and enjoy and give thanks for all that you still have

Take it easy and .......
    Last edited by mishb; 11-15-2015 at 05:39 PM.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a torn Meniscus in the left knee now!
    Sure know what its like when you feel you can't catch a break. Eventually, it all comes back around, but that time inbetween is really bad.

I had a torn meniscus several years ago and had arthroscopic surgery. I don't want to scare you, but I do want to be completely honest about the surgery.

It was on my right knee and it was no fun. I remember it was somewhat painful. I kept my knee elevated and cooled for several days. It was difficult to bend for several weeks, but I practiced on a stationary bike. I'm thinking it was about a month before it was all healed -- maybe 6 weeks. It seems it was more of a problem than my recent complete knee replacement was, but I'm sure that's because I simply can't remember that much about the artho and my knee replacement went phenomenally well.

Best of luck to you! This too will pass....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vdub and others, isnt there anything to be careful about if one goes for a surgery and on pred ? I remember that you wrote about it.. ??
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast