Hi all,

I've been on pred and cytoxin since Dec. 2014 when I was diagnosed. I was doing pretty well and beginning to feel human again not long after being released from the hospital after mega doses of both. Then I was reduced to 60mg, CTX125mg. I started reducing the Pred again the latter part of Dec. by 2.5mg per 8 day interval. Finally by mid Feb. when I hit 15mg(alternating with 20mg) daily, I started to feel my symptoms coming back. This being the first "flare" I had experienced (new to all this) I rationalized maybe I had a cold or just sniffles but then my ear went nuts again (deafness, vertigo) causing nausea along with recurring lung pain. I went to my Dr. who confirmed a flare. He bumped the Pred up to 25mg. Reduced the CTX to 75mg as my lymphocytes were very low.

Now after 3 weeks my symptoms are worse and he's talking Rituxin. Is this another cancer drug? Do you have to take it repeatedly? And finally is it something that works faster than CTX to get you into remission? What about Pred reduction? I'd really like to get off Pred or at least a much lower dose. I know everyone is different, but the web makes it sound like a miracle drug everyone should start with! Confused beyond belief!!

Any inputs are appreciated.
LovinLifeswife