Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Disability Advise

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    Lily, I don't know what buttons you keep hitting at the end of your stories but if you just scroll down a little bit you will see where it says "Post Quick Reply " just hit that and you won't get all that other stuff that keeps coming up.
    I was wondering about that, too. And I noticed it appeared in her original post, I think, if I remember right. Not sure I understand it....
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Debra, I keep wondering why all that keeps coming up! I asked my mom, because it's her computer, but she told me it just happens sometimes! So I'm on my phone right now. And when I send this to u, I'll see if all that comes up. Thanks for the info. Also, my Mom just registered last nite on here. She is ALWAYS blown away about how little some dr's know about our dz, and she thinks this site will help her get questions answered, etc. Since she is basically and thankfully by my side thru all this, I'm glad she decided to join. Well, I hope u have a great day! I'm going to work for the first time since my sinus/eye surg, and the holidays. I'm looking foward to it! Although, I'm still fighting the tail end of a shingles attack and my eyes are still sore.....I'm ready to go! And one other thing.....since my surgery...I can smell a little.....and taste too! How nice to b able to make sure I don't put on too much perfume, or answer someone honestly when they ask..."how does that taste?" Thank The Lord for the little things that when they happen to u, they feel like BIG things! Have a Blessed day~
    Life is a Gift~ Lilly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's just on my moms computer. I'm on my phone now....hmmmmm......I'm gonna have to try to figure out what is doing that.... It's a lot of wasted space! I do like u say, I scroll down and click "quick reply", but it doesn't happen on my phone, so I'll see if she has her computer on a weird setting...thanks...Talk to u later, have a Blessed day
    Last edited by Lilly; 12-31-2013 at 12:42 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope you have a good day back on the job. I am enjoying my day in my sweats and doing really nothing I don't want to !! It is too cold and snowing outside so I'm having a lazy day ( one of many !! ) You had shingles too,cheez!!! Glad your senses are coming back, especially with the holidays and all the food to smell and taste.
    I can't figure out what could be wrong with your moms comp. either..that's weird,but everyone here knows I am not comp. literate so maybe someone else can advise you.
    Hope you have a blessed day as well and don't work to hard.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My daughter and I found a local lawyer that specialized only in helping people get disability. She was 45 when she applied and it took a year, but it was worth it. He only charged if the person got disability. She paid him $2,000 out of her 'retroactive' pay she got at first. This worked out well. Maybe some other people have other experiences.

LillysMom

Preferences

§
    -
    =
    Backspace

Tab
    q
    w
    e
    r
    t
    y
    u
    i
    o
    p
    [
    ]

Return

capslock
    a
    s
    d
    f
    g
    h
    j
    k
    l
    ;
    '
    \

shift
    `
    z
    x
    c
    v
    b
    n
    m
    /
    shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Português

Русский

alt

alt

Preferences

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LillysMom View Post
    My daughter and I found a local lawyer that specialized only in helping people get disability. She was 45 when she applied and it took a year, but it was worth it. He only charged if the person got disability. She paid him $2,000 out of her 'retroactive' pay she got at first. This worked out well. Maybe some other people have other experiences.
    I have heard that they normally don't charge unless they win the approval and the person gets the disability. I am lucky I did not need a lawyer, not sure why it was so easy, but I suspect it had some to do with my age, which was 58 at the time. It took me more like 6 months to get approved, partly because I was slow at applying online, and once approved, I got my first payment and my retroactive benefits within a couple of months, if I am remembering it right.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123