How do members determine what the lowest dose of pred they can get down to?

I have now had 3 reduction exercises. The first 2 were very slow reductions, probably getting to 5 / 2.5mg before I flared (whether the pred reduction was the cause of the flares is an open question). The latest I would class as a ‘crash reduction’ – 10mg to zero in 2 months – following fantastic results from RTX.

I have to say that sitting at zero I don’t feel entirely comfortable. I don’t think it is psychosomatic. I have been at zero for about 3 weeks so suspect all the pred is not out of the system yet, so am being patient! There are niggling symptoms and I certainly don’t feel as good as I did 2 months back although there is nothing solid I can put my finger on.

If I need some pred I would prefer now to work up to the minimum value rather than wait until there is something serious to treat and have to start on a big dose, with the subsequent reduction.

I would be interested in the experience of others in reaching equilibrium. I expect as many different answers as there are responders but there may be a common theme! Also, what level of ‘discomfort’ / symptoms is tolerated, if that makes sense?!

Thank you, Peter