Hi Folks,

As some of you know I haven't been in a very good emotional state after losing both my hounds this past summer. I was bitter, and angry - all I could think about was the fact that all these terrible things were happening to me. I was concerned I was just going to spontaneously combust; as a person can only handle so much.

About a month ago I got an e-mail from the woman who runs the greyhound rescue where I previously adopted my other two greyhound boys. I had fostered in the past; and she knew I had lost my dogs but she begged me to take one. I had forgotten a few months ago I had promised to foster again; as they are always in need of foster parents for these dogs.

She said to me "Please, we only need 1 more foster home and he will be out in two weeks". So I signed up - without even telling my husband lol. Later on, she sent out a confirmation e-mail to the foster homes and my husband got a copy too and he never questioned anything he was just mildly surprised.

So I spent a few weeks getting my house all "dog proof" again and picking up some dog toys, etc etc.

Two weeks ago; we drove the two hour drive to pick him up. His racing name was Rich Gannon, he is a 2 year old black masked/Red Brindle Greyhound from Florida.

He's a little skinny and need some TLC. He wasn't "supposed" to stay; but he's a failed foster. We decided to officially adopt him ourselves and we called him Chance.

He loves to try and eat things he's not supposed to; and gets into all kinds of trouble but he makes me happy.