Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bummed

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree Anne, though my docs say the same thing, I can feel the differences in allergy reactions and good old WG attacks on my sinuses...sniffles...
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope this is not a flare but if it is :0( I hope you can knock it out before your vacation. I too flare the same time of year, in August. Hmmm. Be well and I hope tomorrow is even a better day for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear of this, Bob! Get thee to the dr. and check it out! Good luck. Where are you heading for vacation?
    Mary
    dx'd Janaury 2013
    involvement: lungs, kidney and sinus

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so sorry you're going through this! I really do hope it's not a flare and you get well soon, so you can enjoy the trip!
    Nothing can break you; you are much stronger than you think... look at what you've already survived.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are going to Disney World again...was my son's request. Taking my sister and her family along this time.

The way I feel I'm 90% sure it's a flare, but you never know. The fatigue makes me more certain than the pain to be honest. Left a message for the Doctor and getting my bloodwork tomorrow. On the bright side the insurance company approval is already done from last year.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psyborg View Post
    The fatigue makes me more certain than the pain to be honest.
    I can understand that.
    I have severe shoulder pain again too, but since I'm not so tired, I think it's not a flare, in my case.

Good luck to you, I hope you will be able to go to Disney World with your family!
    Living with WG/GPA since june 2010...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it's definitely a flare. Felt really bad yesterday which was good so I didn't minimize thngs when Dr Villa Forte called lol. So once again back to 20mg of Pred...hoping that with my regular Immuran might be sufficient, supposed to call back in 1 week if it doesn't. Of course I already feel a bit better since Prednisone kicks the inflamation down fast. Glad I got the bllodwork drawn before I started the Pred...kinda want to see if it was out of line.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear it's a flare.... sounds like the one I just got over.... also kicked back up to 20mg. pred and increased my MTX. I got good results and am now heading back to 10mg. pred. I hope you're able to see improvement soon and will be able to enjoy your trip to Disney World.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good move, Bob. Sorry to learn it's a flare, but this is probably the quickest way to put it behind you so you can enjoy your vacation.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, not the news you wanted Bob, but you jumped on it so you look like you're gonna get to go to Disney World! Good on you! Have fun now!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast