Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Was put on MTX today

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the UK the NHS insists that anyone taking mtx must have a blood test every two weeks to ensure there is no build up in the liver. This is considered so important that when I collect a repeat prescription of mtx the pharmacist asks when I last had a blood test. Is the same in other countries?

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dryhill View Post
    In the UK the NHS insists that anyone taking mtx must have a blood test every two weeks to ensure there is no build up in the liver. This is considered so important that when I collect a repeat prescription of mtx the pharmacist asks when I last had a blood test. Is the same in other countries?

Jim
    No Jim not here in the U.S. as far as the government here goes health issues seem to be the last thing they care about,the politicians are too busy seeing how they can pocket the money for themselves

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dryhill View Post

Jim
    Blood Test is every 4 to 6 weeks here in Australia and I thought I read on another post that in USA it was every 4 weeks. You will have to look into that Deb.

I just had mine this morning.
    The one last month showed increased levels on the liver so hopefully with todays, it is back in to normal range.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345