Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rituxan tomorrow - any tips?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    Glad to hear that. That must be a record for having a PICC line in with out infections?
    Hard to say. I have to have mine restitched on Tuesday.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The food turned out not to be a problem - they ordered a lunch for me, which I devoured. Pretty good food there.

At one point I felt like I my throat was closing up a bit, so they stopped, called my doc, then gave me another benadryl and started me back slowly. By the end they had it up to 150 mg/hour, but I ended up being hooked up to the IV for 6 1/2 hours. Didn't help that the IV kept occluding at my end - the needle was in the side of my wrist below my thumb. Next week we'll definitely pick a different site for the IV.

In retrospect, I don't think I was really having an allergic reaction. I think my throat was just dry. Overall, I'd say it went well. Now I'm just waiting to see if there are any aftereffects.......fingers crossed for NOT!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't sleep very well last night - probably the solumedrol - but I woke up with no pain for the first time in I can't remember how long. Again, probably the solumedrol, but I'll take it. Got all my errands done this morning and still have some energy left over. Not going to push things any more today, just in case. Fingers crossed I still feel this good tomorrow.....and the day after....and the day after....and the day after......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's awesome! I hope you get better and stronger every day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still feeling pretty good - virtually pain-free all day. Got a little hot/cold thing going on with my feet - 20 minutes of freezing, 20 minutes of sweating, rinse and repeat. That was part of my sleep problem last night. Hope that goes away soon - I'm wearing myself out ripping my socks and shoes off, then putting them back on again (or taking a blanket off, turning the fan on, opening the window; pulling the blanket back up, turning the fan off, closing the window, rinse and repeat). LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for posting how you are feeling, I have my first treatment on Wednesday and I am a little nervous so your posts are very encouraging. Thank you! I am glad you are doing so well, I hope you continue to feel good!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad I can help someone else with my ramblings! You will do fine. It was so much less of an event than I expected. The worst parts were a) getting the IV needle in (because I have a HUGE needle phobia), and b) the tedium of sitting there for so long. If my IV hadn't kept occluding, I'd have been wandering the halls for a little exercise, but the more I moved around, the more it occluded, so I ended up being very, very still the last 2.5 hours. Have them use a spot that's not right at a joint!

Yesterday had a little of the foot pain come back, but not to the level it had been. Otherwise, felt pretty normal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every time they give me the Benadryl, I pretty much sleep through the whole infusion and I'm groggy by the time I have to leave. I would recommend you get some one to drive you home as you don't know how you're gonna feel and you deserve the attention as you have to go through this treatment - don't do it alone. I wasn't allowed to leave the floor even though I was allowed to move around (only in that unit), so I always bring food & drinks with me and would recommend it.

Good luck, hope you do well with your treatment, if you can't have someone with you during the day, you'll find lots of friends in the nurses and the other people that come and go and you get to hear their stories of what they're hooked up to and why! Let us know how you do and take care of yourself afterwards!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could have driven home, no problem, but everybody reacts differently to the cocktail of meds they give you. It's definitely a good idea to have someone lined up to take you and pick you up your first time. After that, you can judge how you'll feel at the end and whether you are comfortable driving yourself. I definitely plan to drive myself there and back for the rest of the infusions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so glad it went well! Are you still feeling well? Sleeping any better?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast