Likes Likes:  0
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: blurry vision

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing but the shortness of breath caused by the TS. The rest, not really. Just the weird feeling in my head. I do think I had attributed a bit of that to fatigue as well....that probably didn't help either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When my eyes were hurting Dr Langford ordered the CT scan of my orbitals. Rest well tonight Psyborg and let us know about tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Psyborg, feeling faint when standing up indicates that your adrenals are very stressed-- a given with pred. It can happen even without pred. The adrenals help control the blood pressure during positional changes. If they're healthy, then when you stand up your blood pressure should increase somewhat to get blood to the brain. If they're exhausted, the blood pressure will stay the same or even decrease. It takes about 10-30 seconds for the blood pressure to catch up and during that time you'd feel lightheaded, faint and often have a little difficulty hearing. A sensation like someone is pushing on your neck is normal, too.

However, the vision changes and other symptoms would indicate the need for a brain MRI. Wegs CNS involvement is rare, but it can happen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a note about giving the information to a resident when at a clinic (which is common in all teaching hospitals, of course). In the panel that Dr. Langford was on (as well as a rheumy from UNC), she said that usually not only should the resident and attending be reviewing your information before the attending comes in to speak with you, but also, they should be doing it in front of you and you should never be afraid of correcting the resident right in front of their boss (apparently this fear is a common problem). They are human and make mistakes, and in fact the UNC doc wisecracked something like, "When you are a resident your whole life is about having people criticize your work at all times. So if you aren't sure if the resident has conveyed something -- ASK!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She did actually correct him on a few points during the report they did with me in the room. I don't remember if we hit ALL points or not though.

She did say she'd get me the CT Scan and was trying to set it up through my local doctors office so I didn't have to drive to Cleveland. If that doesn't work out then I'll just have my dad drive up with me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Psyborg, glad to here that. How are feeling right now?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, not too bad. The eye is bugging me, and the issues with my head feeling groggy, but I'm certainly not down like I was in May and early June. I just don't know how much of that is the masking effect of the prednisone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is always to be safe than sorry and get thing checked out. Glad you are getting checked out though. We all respond differently with prednisone and so it is important to tell are docs if something is off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I should have come back and posted something here yesterday. They did a CT scan and it didn't show anything. So now I'm wondering if it's just the different drugs combined with not enough sleep causing my weird vision/eye things. Starting to think I need to just back off a bit and stop over thinking everything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psyborg View Post
    Sorry I should have come back and posted something here yesterday. They did a CT scan and it didn't show anything. So now I'm wondering if it's just the different drugs combined with not enough sleep causing my weird vision/eye things. Starting to think I need to just back off a bit and stop over thinking everything.
    My last CT of sinuses showed no eye involvment and the eye doc says that it is autoimmune dry eyes. It is very annoying to have blurry vision, and be unable to read words at times even with a magnifying glass. I don't think you are overthinking.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast