Likes Likes:  3
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: How to Beat Some of Pred's Side Effects

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightwarrior, I so the same thing. That is horrible to go through "kidney stones", remembering patients screaming in pain. Sorry you have to go through this and battle WG on top of that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks elephant, i feel really grateful to be alive today, kinda scary how close i came to adrenal demise

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Several times over the past week or so I've had kidney pain (I've had stones pre-diagnosis) but put it down to possibly not enough fluid intake during the day. Last night I almost went to the hospital thinking it was another stone but talked myself out of it because I was exhausted and just didn't feel like trying to explain WG to an overtired overworked weekend ER doc... guess I'll be calling my Rhumy tomorrow to see if this is something I should be concerned about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Misskay, I would call and let your doctor know Monday. It could be anything with kidney pain. If you have severe pain ...need to go to the ER. Nurse Elephant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ditto to Nurse Elephant

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ditto to Nurse Elephant and Nurse Lightwarrior.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightwarrior, I'm so glad you figured out the adrenal crisis! I hope you're feeling better now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll call first thing in the morning... had bloodwork and urine done late last week at his office, so need those results anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nagesh View Post
    Thanks Sangye for the info on Ayurveda. I am from the home land of Ayurveda India, Now a days their is much talk about Ayurveda in this forum. In my sons case I met a Ayurvedic professor, he told ask your alopathy doctor ie, Rhematologist to tapper the pred as quick as possible and he will plan to put him on

1 .Best immune modulators available in Ayurveda (made of herbs)
    2. Strict Diet (as per the priniciples of Ayurveda)
    3. Life Style changes (he need to be reduce/avoid maximum contact with electro magnifying forces ie, like watching TV, food cooked in electric oven etc.) must do yoga,meditation and pranayama

Since I thought I should consider these things only once I am out of danger phase .

Now I consider you as Ayurvedic Pandit (Ayurvedic expert). what is your opinion on cosidering ayurvedic immune modulators along with present dose of 5mg pred and 100mg imuran

Hi Nagesh,

I have joined the group to support a friend in his recovery journey from Wegener's. I hope you are well. I will be greatful if you could share your experience of Ayurveda treatment for Wegener's.

My friend got diagnosed 5 months ago and is in medicine taper down phase. He had very good start with treatment for first 2-3 months where doctors told him he will recover 100% with no side effects. But soon after his test reports started to fluctuate, some weeks good & others bad.

It might be too early to shift to Ayurveda in his case. And a complete shift might take some time. But I would like to explore Ayurveda to see how could we control the damage from aggressive treatment given to Wegs patients. As almost all posts say the disease might not go away but may remain inactive. My motive is to find what could prolong remission other than repeated aggressive treatment. I hope you would help.

- Did Ayurveda help you and your son in any way?
    - Did you start Ayurveda once you achieved remission?
    - Could you share highlights & if possible important details of the Ayurvedic treatment?
    - Could you control side effects with help of Ayurveda?
    - He suffers from headaches extremely frequently, do you know if any essential oil that could help sooth the headaches? Could you connect me to someone who could help.

I will be very very greatful for your reply and time spent.

thanks a lot
    CT01

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CT01, no alternative medicine, of all kinds, can replace the wg treatment.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast