Likes Likes:  0
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: About empathy..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adult spervision! Seems Doug was trying to give my husband advice regrding Weggies slowing down thier lifestyle.....WHICH HE THROWS IN MY FACE OFTEN. Doug, you ruined my chances to be freeeeeeee.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psyborg View Post
    Anyone else ride motorcycle? I did for the first time in a while yesterday and it felt great (Head felt clear for first time in a bit)...that said I feel pretty lousy today. Doesn't feel like a workout to ride a motorcycle but I can't figure out why I'd have issues today otherwise.
    I rode my mountain bike for about an hour yesterday and felt just like you. I was wondering as I was puffing up some previously insignificant hills (previous to becoming a Super Weggie) if I was going to pay for it today, but alas no physical ailments today. I had a hard time sleeping last night, but that is the norm now and no longer the anomaly. Going downhill and feeling the wind and navigating the rocks and roots and trail sure makes me feel alive though.
    One day I'll learn how to ride a motorcycle... but I think it's the weight that you're working on keeping balanced that might be making you feel tuckered today. My mountain bike weighs less than 24lbs, I bet yours is a bit more

Doug Guest

Lisa Coffeelover ~ Tell Dennis I've learned to throw all caution to the wind since them, and support full running amok in general, and walking my cat wherever he takes me, hoping it's not too far and I can't get back!
    If we ever meet up again, Louie can benefit from meeting your furry guys because he never exercises unless forced too. (He's my enabler!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marta, your Dad could go to the local BMW dealer and ask for a manual and ask for help in operating the system.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Marta, your Dad could go to the local BMW dealer and ask for a manual and ask for help in operating the system.
    You obviously don't know my dad. ha ha
    He doesn't ask for help, he gives it, and advice... whether you want it or not. Don't get me wrong, I loooove my daddy, but he ain't going to ask for help, ever.
    But now that you mention it, I might do that for him and just bring him the manual next time I'm in the city. "How to run the Starship Enterprise".

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the Enterprise would be easier to operate!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ughh i need to throw something

Ok i need to vent in a big way ...suddenly my mother wants to go to my appointment for my trach next week and i do not want her there..........she has not been there for anything since the WG diagnosis ...she been stand offish and basically tells me to buck up deal with it and once i go into remission i will not have to deal with it any more ..she is soo nieve when it comes to WG and she 's a nurse like me ...so now why does she wanna come.....she was there for everything before but once I had my surgery to open my trach she was like ok you are fine now it won't return stop worring then when it closed off again she went into this denial mode ...ughh.......Now i have to find a way to tell her NO....she asked me if i wanted her to go ...i said no i 've been going alone all this time ...and there was really no need for her to go ...she suddenly had to go and said we would talk about it later......what part of no did she not understand...i have found it easier to go alone with my typed list of questions...no distractions...ughhh...sorry to be so negative....but she knows I feel like crap and have no energy so if i say no ...it should be no and done...ughhh
    Want to see a miracle? Plant a word of love heartdeep in a person's life. Nuture it with a smile and a prayer and watch what happens...Never underestimate the power of the seed!

My mojo for today.....gonna be johnny apple seed and just keep planting
    Lisa Marie
    The happiness of people is not necessarily to have the best of everything...but make the most of what you have!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talk about frustration Lisa Marie. I'm not sure how I would deal with a mother like that. Mine has been so understanding and supportive even though she knows very little about Wegs compared to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being a parent I know that anything my kids get (they are 23 and 25)I am horrified and wish it would go away as if it never was there. Maybe your mom has a quirky way of dealing with this issue. Would it be very bad to have her go along and see that this is real and it is not going to go away? It might open her eyes and get her back to the way she was before, think about it,
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking of supportive family members my aunt called the other day to see how i was doing to which i replied the usual im fine. She then proceeded to tell me how lucky i was that i have wegeners and not this terrible lupus that she has heard so much about. LUCKY ME!

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast