Page 249 of 267 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 2670

Thread: Update on pberggren

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks so much Beverly. I'm sure a few more massages and getting back to regular stretching will improve my muscles. But unfortunately for now my breathing is probably as good as it will get. I really don't have much hope that the respiratory therapy I will do will have much benefit at all. But only time will tell, so I just have to take one day at a time.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil, are your intercostal muscles (between the ribs) very sore? If they're tight it could restrict air flow. Mine are often exquisitely tender. Just a thought.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, they are not sore anymore thankfully.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by windchime View Post
    Phil, are your intercostal muscles (between the ribs) very sore? If they're tight it could restrict air flow. Mine are often exquisitely tender. Just a thought.
    Is what you're describing costochondritis or are they two different things? I've had costochindritis before and it is very painful. Phil, I get sore after massages too. A warm bath with Epsom salts before bed helps. The salts also allow you to absorb magnesium which relaxes muscles. Sleep tight!
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Lisa. I had 2 baths like that yesterday and 2 today already as well. I will have another one again later on. I find they help a bit.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    But unfortunately for now my breathing is probably as good as it will get. I really don't have much hope that the respiratory therapy I will do will have much benefit at all. But only time will tell, so I just have to take one day at a time.
    no, sweetie, never give up hope to breath better.
    respiratory thearapy is recommanded and prob can help and/ or other ways of treatment.

please check the folowing links:

New advances in the therapy of non-cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis

Azithromycin for prevention of exacerbations in non-cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis (EMBRACE): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial : The Lancet

in the followong link there is evidence for a device that can help to clear the airways:
    : Triangle Wave, Waveform | Effective Clearance | inCourageŽ Airway Clearance Therapy
    it looks nice in this video:
    https://www.causes.com/causes/660769...e-vest-therapy

and last one for now, is a national pride for me: a new med which was developed in Israel, in a Kibutz where I have an uncle and family. this is it:
    : Glassia - Kamada
    The explanation is this: in some cases there is a deficiency of Alpha -1 Antitrypsin which destroys the lung tissues. In order to know if you have that deficiency, you need to do 2 blood tests: 1. To find if you have that deficiency. 2. To see if it is genetical.
    Now, if it is genetical, then the med that is in that link, is already approved by the FDA for use. If it is not genetical, the med is in experimental use still. but might help as well.
    there is a connection between that defieciency and wg, like in this link for example:
    Wegener's granulomatosis and alpha1-antitrypsin-defici... [Chest. 1999] - PubMed - NCBI

now you have an organized list to ask your WG doc and your lung doc about.
    I wonder is someone around knows more about those options...
    Last edited by Alysia; 05-23-2014 at 06:17 PM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia, has anyone told you lately that you are AWESOME
    These links are a wonderful find
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks so much my love. You are definitely my sweetie pie.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia, you are brilliant in addition to being sweet and kind and funny. We are all fortunate to have you on our side!!! ...and why is there no emoticon blowing a kiss? I'm relieved to hear all of these possibilities exist for you, Phil.
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am definitely in love with you Alysia.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003