Page 244 of 267 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 2670

Thread: Update on pberggren

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks so much Stephene. I will mention this to my doc for sure. I have heard of Singulair but I don't know what it is. How are you keeping? How are the kids?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post

time to start to feel better, sweetie, otherwise I will have to come to canada to watch you closely, and to make sure that you will not get into more troubles...
    Now he is never going to get better, with an offer like that

I'm glad there are no fractures Phil - I'm nearly out of bubble wrap.

Does your lung doctor know about all of your troubles? If so, has he made any suggestions?

What about that other RTX infusion that you missed out on, do you think that would help or; are you starting to think that maybe it is the cause of it, like one of Alysia's threads has suggested.

Take it easy mate and breathe gently.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil, I hope you had an easier night and are feeling better. And I hope the singulair if you try it can give you some relief. And Alysia, if you're coming to Canada you must make Vancouver one of the places you visit. Our guest room is all yours.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    Now he is never going to get better, with an offer like that
    thanks Lisa, for your kind offer good to know that.
    but since Michelle says (and mish is always right, trust me) that my offer will not make Phil to feel any better so here is another one:
    Phil, sweetie, come to Israel. I will take you to the beach to breath fresh humid salty air, to Mount Carmel to the ancient catholic church, to Jerusalem to the garden of gethsemane and the Via Doloroza, to the dead sea, to the lake of Kinneret at Tyberia.
    no bacon included
    Few days with me and you are going to be as good as new….
    Last edited by Alysia; 05-17-2014 at 01:48 AM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My lung knows basically what I go through.

I had the RTX that I was supposed to get in Dec in March.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Phil,

I can appreciate how you feel with the ribcage injury. Coughing is excrutiating, laughing hurts, and don't even think about hiccups!

You'be been mentioning that you have an appointment with your lung doc in July. Is there any chance you could get in sooner? Your symptoms sound pretty scary to me.

Good luck!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could probably get in sooner to see my lung doc Pete, but to be honesty I am not that concerned yet. I guess I have dealt with this for so many years now that I just get used to it to a degree. Thanks for your concern Pete. How is your breathing? Do you have lung issues as well?

Weird thing is, I started using the Benelyn cough syrup with the G stuff in it on Tuesday, that I can't spell right now....lol, and the my breathing has been worse since then. I don't know if it is related to that or my strained muscles on my upper left chest and side. I am coughing up a lot less mucus now since using the cough syrup. That really concerns me because I have a lot of mucus that has to come out. So where is the mucus that needs to come out? Is it going somewhere else? Is it turned into something else? Am I secreting it at night somehow? I have a feeling I should quit the Benelyn. I see my GP on the 20th, so we can discuss that then and go over my labs from April and May. I still have a lot more crusting in the nose and bleeding as well. This is sounding more like a flare to me. Hopefully my doc has my PR3 from at least April. Whenever I see my Nephrologist the PR3 always comes back indeterminate or something like that. I don't know what that means. Maybe my GP can explain this. I just want simple numbers. Now I am going to swear so plug your ears....lol. For **** sakes, why does the lab have to keep ****ing around with the numbers for the PR3? Why can't that just ****ing keep it the same all the ****ing time? ****ing pisses me off!!!!! I'm done now, you can take your fingers out of your ears.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil, the mucus doesn't go anywhere. It stays in your lungs and can cause pneumonia. I would say Mucinex would be better for you as it thins the mucus making it easier to get up. The cough syrup is quieting your cough, but you need to get the mucus out. I would stop the Benelyn.

Although you are used to this scenario, green stuff is green stuff and still an infection. You may be flaring AND have an infection. Why wait ? What's to be gained from that? I'm sure your pulm doc doesn't want you to wait til you have to be hospitalized and it just makes it harder for any meds to work their magic.

I know you are sooo tired of dealing with all this, but don't give up. You're exhibiting an, "I don't care any more" attitude and that's what is concerning us all if I may be so bold as to speak for the others. Hang in there and get some current labs.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mucinex is the same as the Benelyn. I have stopped the Benelyn.

I have to wait, it is what it is. Tuesday is not that far off. If it was 2 weeks then I would get in faster.

What makes you think I don't care? Of course I care. I just know the facts.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cindy, I've gathered here that the Benelyn does contain guaifenesin, the word Phil says he can't spell, and the same drug that is in Mucinex. So if it is not working for him, it must be for some other reason. There may be something else in there such as a cough suppressant, such as dextromethorphan, which would often be marked DM on the label. This is common in cough syrups. One must be very careful when buying liquid guaifenesin to use an expectorant, NOT to get the DM stuff with the cough suppressant added. That stuff has a nasty rebound effect after a couple of days, in addition to suppressing your cough when you only want to cough stuff up. I have nothing against the Mucinex tablets but have found that the liquid guaifenesin expectorant works better and faster to expel mucus from the lungs and bronchii. The tablets are good to take on an ongoing basis but the liquid is good for more immediate relief. Still, it may take a few hours, and whatever kind of guaifenesin you use, you need to drink lots of water for it to work best. It may be that Phil's condition is too extreme, the stuff is stuck in pockets too far down in his lungs, for it to work as well as it does for some of us. I think he should keep trying, though, and make sure he is NOT taking a cough suppressant but only an expectorant (also called "tussin"). Pharmacies are more likely to have this than regular stores, but it should be on the shelves in the Robitussin or other brand name versions or in generic house versions.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011