Page 220 of 267 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 2670

Thread: Update on pberggren

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep reminding me to do that drz and I might actually remember to do it some day.....lol.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thus? I thought I was the only one to speak like that. Ranks up there with hence and ergo. Congratulations on the specs Phil, I've been honored to wear them for fifty years now. If I can ever wake up in the morning able to read the clock, I won't care anymore and it probably won't matter.
    Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed I have 1250 likes....... Feels like facebook now.....lol
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dale, I say thus and hence, but not ergo. I also have worn specs for 50 years! They are part of my face. It was always nearsightedness, but of course, now they are bifocals, as I imagine is the case for you, too.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw my doc today. She wants me to have another CT of chest and sinuses. My last one was over 2 years ago. With my increased breathing issues she thinks it's a good idea to take a better look in there and rule out anything else. She wanted me to have it done in Calgary but I said no. I understand her reasoning because the lung doc is right there and he can talk to his radiologist. Docs like to have their own Radiologists look at special cases. But it would be hard for me to have it done the day of and the day before my dilation and the day after is prob out of the question as well because my doc is usually not in on Fridays. So we agreed to have it done in Swift and I will take a copy of it and the report with me to Calgary.

She also gave me a req for another sputum sample and also 7 days of Amoxicilin with clavulonic acid. I wont use the antibiotic unless I absolutely need it. Maybe the sputum culture might show something, who knows.

I will also go from 10mg eod of the pred to 5mg eod. I don't think there should be an issue there.

We also decided after much discussion that I will get the flu shot. I do agree that I am very high risk.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Phil,
    good to know that you are in good hands
    I hope that the results of the sputum and CT will be helpful, and of course, only good news are allowed for you from now on !
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    We also decided after much discussion that I will get the flu shot. I do agree that I am very high risk.
    can you, please, share it with us ?
    (the debate about the flu shot is huge)
    Last edited by Alysia; 11-26-2013 at 11:02 PM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil, you are doing great on your prednisone taper. How do you feel on the day with no pred vs. the day with 10mg.? Any different?
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I talked to her about the ingredients in some of them like Mercury and stuff and she said it is so little that it would not affect anyone. I will get the flu shot. I have had it 3 times in the past since Wegs started.

On the days with no pred I don't feel any different now. Today is my first day down to 5mg eod.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Marta for posting again about your experience with the flu shot. I will not get the flu shot now. I have had it in 2004 and 2011.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003