Page 165 of 267 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 2670

Thread: Update on pberggren

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thought scares me as I have no children. My nieces would put me in a fenced in back yard.
    "Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died." - Erma Bombeck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before a hundred years ago or so it was the tradition for families to just take care of grandma and grandpa and the other older relatives.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A hundred years or so ago, most of us Weggies would be dead...quick. Things change, for better or worse...I prefer change & dealing with the here and now. Best of luck to your relatives Phil.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HopeinTN View Post
    The thought scares me as I have no children. My nieces would put me in a fenced in back yard.
    As long as they did not chain you up with the dog, life might not be too bad.

By the way I decided to do what your "slogan" says, and got a whole load of speeding tickets ....... I mean I was only doing 90mph in a built up area. I tried to explain that I was just doing more of what makes me happy, but they did not want me to be happy.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Before a hundred years ago or so it was the tradition for families to just take care of grandma and grandpa and the other older relatives.
    100 years ago, It was rare for both Mom and Pop, along with all the kids, to work--and need to work--outside the house. We can dream of a return to those golden years, but it ain't a-gonna happen.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    A hundred years or so ago, most of us Weggies would be dead...quick. Things change, for better or worse...I prefer change & dealing with the here and now. Best of luck to your relatives Phil.
    And a hundred years from now, unless the seas rise too high, we might find a few new ways to kill ourselves off. Or, nature might do it for us. Still, I, too, will take my chances with what we have right now. I am thinking that the back yard may be preferable to the parking lot.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, man did fairly well for 7000 years with no phone, internet, cars, electricity, running water, planes, television, radio, etc. It would be nice to go back to those golden years as well, but then again we would not be able to know one another like this. I still think the first 7000 years of our existence are the best.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    I am thinking that the back yard may be preferable to the parking lot. Al
    If I had a backyard like yours Al, I'd much prefer that too. But, being an urban cowboy of sorts, I'll take mine in the pruned & cultured pathways of a golf course...not the same by any means, but one does with what one has...now or even 10000 years ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Yup, man did fairly well for 7000 years with no phone, internet, cars, electricity, running water, planes, television, radio, etc. It would be nice to go back to those golden years as well, but then again we would not be able to know one another like this. I still think the first 7000 years of our existence are the best.
    I dunno...the Roman's did a pretty good job killing themselves off with lead in everything 2000 years ago. I think one thing man is really good at is making ourselves sick
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    If I had a backyard like yours Al, I'd much prefer that too. But, being an urban cowboy of sorts, I'll take mine in the pruned & cultured pathways of a golf course...not the same by any means, but one does with what one has...now or even 10000 years ago.
    That's 7200 years Don.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003