Page 164 of 267 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 2670

Thread: Update on pberggren

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil, there is an old saying that says something like "you pick your friends, but you are stuck with your family". Sadly it can often be a true saying. I hope you can find a way round this terrible situation.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea its sounds like they are ready have plans for the money..if not already spent. I say you get the bat plane ready,I'll get into my cat woman outfit..we go steal Grandma,then go "POW",'BAM' and 'SOCK" your aunt and uncle...sound like a plan ???? Don't mess with people on preds !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's exactly what I'd like to do Deb. But unfortunately that would not solve all the problems and would create some new ones. I feel very alone in this situation. It seems like mom and dad don't want to do anything. I also feel very helpless. I will continue to pray about it but it just seems like I get a bigger feeling of helplessness as time goes on.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil, you are not alone. You have so many friends on this list and we are all your family. Our little Yorkies smiling big at you.
    Praying for you,
    Dean and Barbara
    Winni and Honey smiling big-very cut-4-22-2012.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks very much Barb. And thanks to all.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil, I don't want to get u streesed out over this..it's all in God's hands and just remember what goes around comes around.I'm sure things will work out somehow...Take care of yourself,that's important.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So sorry Phil. I hope everything gets worked out for you and your family. What a tough situation. Be sure to take care of yourself too.
    "Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died." - Erma Bombeck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil, this situation upsets me. In general, I have a problem with the nursing home and assisted living...well, not the institutions so much, or the community aspects, but with the industry.That is, what has elements of being a good idea--a place where post-retirement seniors can still enjoy life and have their basic needs met--turns out to be, from the industry's point of view, a parking lot for Grams and Gramps, and a way to suck out the last of their often meager savings. I hate to get started on this sore subject. I just hope you can get matters satisfactorily resolved in your family.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    --turns out to be, from the industry's point of view, a parking lot for Grams and Gramps, and a way to suck out the last of their often meager savings.

Al
    That reminds me of a funny comment I saw a while back, basically it reminded us that we should not annoy our children because they are the ones who will put us into a "home". I know I am ok with my elder daughter but I dread to think the dump my younger daughter would find for me.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find this all humorous as my daughter's husband ran homes for the elderly (he has since moved on to the VA), and she promised me I'd always have a place to stay!! OMG!