Page 162 of 267 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 2670

Thread: Update on pberggren

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil, try smelling roses, some of those have strong pleasent scents. Or try the old house selling trick of putting some vanilla essence in a warm oven. Finally get someone to make some fresh bread while you are nearby, that is fairly strong and a nice smell.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Jim. I might try those tomorrow.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those are good suggestions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was going to suggest hanging out at a bakery, Phil. I hadn't though about the roses or vanilla, but they make sense!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Thanks Sangye. I have not tried to exposing myself to something stronger but I will try that. Any suggestions as to what to try and smell?
    How about cinnamon? It is strong and actually an odor killer (even can kill mold).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys. Just trying to get over a very sore throat right now. Very hard to swallow and having chest pains too.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I often think that a sore throat is one of the worse things to have, even a normal body reaction like swallowing hurts. I dislike honey, but I find a warm/hot lfresh emon drink with plenty of honey gives my throat temporary relief.

Take it easy Phil, hope you get better soon.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I seem to be better now, but had a very rough day. Had a wicked 4 or 5 hours of heart burn. Took 2 Nexium and 2 Zantac and lots of Peptobismol before it started to settle down. I think that is where the sore throat came from as well. The sore throat felt more like a lump in the throat when swallowing. My mom had noticed I eat more spicy and hot foods and said maybe it is doing some damage in the stomach and GI tract that I don't know about. I got thinking and maybe she is right. Maybe even the 20mg of Nexium I take each day for the pred is not enough anymore. I did have some spicy food to eat late on Friday then had bad heartburn and sore throat on Saturday. And then really, really bad heartburn on Sunday. Now the sore throat is almost gone.

I will have to discuss this with my doc when I see him on the 22nd.

Also, I was wondering about apple cider vinegar. I know we have talked about this before but I was wondering if it is safe for us Weggies to take. I know I took it for a few months many years back but can't remember why I took it or why I stopped it.

I'm also wondering about food grade hydrogen peroxide? Any one on here take this?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil, you should never take that many acid-blockers. It takes away the good stomach acid and then you can't digest anything. The undigested food will putrify in your stomach and release organic acid, which damages the stomach and esophagus.

Spicy food doesn't damage your stomach but it does increase the Fire element in your body. Too much Fire increases stomach acid and causes heartburn. Excess Fire also causes other inflammation like sore throats, rashes, itching, inflammatory pain, etc.... Lay off the spicy food, in addition to citrus, tomato, regular vinegar and chocolate. Those are the biggest Fire producers.

ACV is fine for Weggies, by the way. It doesn't create as much Fire as regular vinegar but it may be too much for you if your Fire element is already out of whack.

A good way for you to cool down the Fire is to drink 2 oz of aloe vera gel twice a day. Stir it into a glass of water and belt it down. You can use aloe vera juice if you want, but the gel works better for Fire. Get the gel from the "inner leaf."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks so much Sangye. I only started eating hot foods because I cannot taste. I will definitely stay away from them now. I only took those acid blockers because the pain was so intense. What do you mean by the inner leaf? Do you mean I have to find the plant itself and squeeze out the gel? Or can I find this in a health food store?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003