Hi been to clinic today and still no closer to finding out when dialysis will start. My kidney function was at 6% a fortnight ago and I have had my bloods took today just waiting for results. I was just wondering at what stage others started dialysis and how do you know your body needs it. My ankles have been swollen for last 2 days but the nurse didnt seem overly bothered today I told him I was tired all the time and he said it is prob weather and running round after the kids as well as my kidneys failing. But my kidney function has gradually reduced by 1% everytime I have been to clinic for last 2 months which has been fortnightly. I look ok at mo but feel like I said very tired, and get out of breath very easily. I dont want to go on dialysis as such but with having the kids to see too I just want to be organised and ready for the day I do, but nobody seems to want to commit anything. I have read lots of literature that says from 10% onwards. My fistula is 8 weeks old this week and the nurse said today he thought it was mature but I have to go back tomorrow for a scan of it, so hopefully this will get things moving but now not back at clinic for another 3 weeks. Dr says today if I feel I need dialysis to get it, but once again it was a doctor I have never seen before and I dont think he understood how even though I am scared I know it is a procedure that has to be done and hopefully it will make me feel better than I do at the mo.