Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Organ Donor cards & WG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack, crossed my mind too but not looked into it as yet. Without going into detail, I believe that the body is just a shell when we die and to be honest, what happens to it is not important to me. However, I do think that disposal of the body is for those still living and would at least seek their opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. I would want to clear it with all my family members first. They would be the ones affected most.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd need to think very carefully about this..... I'd hate to end up on stage with Lady Gaga......

Lady GaGa to display dead bodies on stage | The Sun |Showbiz|Bizarre

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That Body World exhibition came to Arizona when I lived there. I didn't go, needless to say.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    That Body World exhibition came to Arizona when I lived there. I didn't go, needless to say.
    I went, but it was before I had Wegs, it would be interesting to compare a healthy body to ours. I wouldn't mind donating my body to science, If I get serious about it I'll have some work to do with my oldest daughter to make sure she is comfortable

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How are you feeling these days, Lightwarrior?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    How are you feeling these days, Lightwarrior?
    My WBC's are down to 2.1 this week so I'm confined to my office until they get at or above 3.5. My work family still insists I work only 1/2 a day. I was worried that sleeping on cots in Dominics hospital room might take it's toil and perhaps that is why my numbers dropped. The good news is that I am now at 15 mg as of today (did three weeks on 17.5 of pred). My energy level (spirit wise anyway) is higher and my mind less foggy. I am normally very curious about everything to the point of even driving myself crazy and I noticed that this is back, I felt so bad for so long I didn't even realize that I had lost it. I think getting below 20mg on pred after being at 60 for all those months is helping. Another curious pattern I am noticing, when the cytoxan start dumping my counts and I start having weird rbc morphology is that I start craving fish, shellfish, freshwater fish, basically any type of fish. Maybe I'm needing Omega 3??

We don't have genetic results back for Dominic and his blood clot, I'm trying not to freak out and do the nursing thing of being sure he has Wegner's or some other auto immune disease.

I am so happy that even though you are feeling bad, there seems to be some direction and hope. I'm also happy Jack got a shower (lol).

I'm taking it real easy and not pushing my luck now that Dominic and I are home. His friends have been supportive of doing calmer things than his 18 year old self is used to., like not bouncing around the desert on an atv.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so glad to hear you're taking care of yourself after Dominic's hospital stay. Weird about the fish-- I have no idea. I take 2,000mg of Omega 3 (fish oil) each day. It really helped me decrease the pred as far as Wegs symptoms.

I'm really glad Jack got a shower, too. England ain't THAT far away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, come on now! There is no need to get personal.

(I kept asking her and my wife assured me that I did not stink, but I now seem to be shedding huge amounts of dead skin. Euch!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those bodies are a 2 hour drive from me right now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast