Likes Likes:  0
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Starting my Diet tomorrow!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would just take some Furosemide. Fairly harmless stuff compared with our usual drug cocktail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Low dose of Furosemide (lasix) 20 mg will help, but need to get your potassium checked. Ask your doctor.
    Last edited by elephant; 07-23-2010 at 01:52 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lisa Marie, pretty much every food you listed increases Fire, which also increases inflammation, general swelling and sweats. I'm trying to catch up on posts here so I can get back to the thread I started on controlling these types of pred side effects. In the meantime, I suggest lasix and no salty foods at all. Salt is a great way to increase fire.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Guys,
    I've been trying to eat more raw food recently. I got a couple of raw food books out of the library and currently trying to eat mostly raw during the day and just have a cooked dinner.

A typical day's food is:

Smoothie with banana, blueberry, orange, flaxseed oil and kale (yes kale! It's really good for you but honestly you can't taste it in this).

Lunch of a big salad with avocado, sprouted lentils, zillions of veges.

Snacks of nuts, veg and fruit (and cake! )

Dinner: Tofu and veg stir fry with brown rice.

I also started yoga last week as it's supposed to be good for stress, and we should avoid stress! I tried meditation a few weeks ago but didn't really get into that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's great, Mandy. I hope it helps you feel better! How are things going?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mandy a big High five for you! That is great! You are focused. Long time ago I took a meditation class, it was hard for me to concentrate...think of only one thing and saying UUUMMM. UUUMM or whatever. I must take it again and be more serious!
    How are you doing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL--Elephant, that's normal for meditation. No one can focus at first! The mind is non-stop active, pumping out thoughts and reactions to those thoughts. Meditation isn't about quieting those thoughts, it's about learning to watch them without pursuing them. Over time you build a little space in your mind between a thought and your reaction. In everyday life that spaciousness makes it easier to avoid knee-jerk reactions to what you encounter.

There are lots of ways to meditate. The best thing is to find a method you enjoy and do a little every day. Even just 5 minutes a day will change your life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I mediate I let the thoughts come on a cloud and watch them float away. I love meditation, my problem is finding even five minutes to have quiet time. I suppose if I got up a little early it would really help with my day. I used to have alone time in the bathroom, but my grandchildren will stand outside the door and say, "you don't have to talk Grandma, just listen"...those conversations are so prescious that I don't discourage them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is so true, at one time all three of us would be in one little bathroom. Then as they got a little older, had them wait by the door...then waited outside with door shut...then they put their fingers under the door..."Mom can you see me?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meditation is key to my survival. I meditate every day whil praying the Rosary. I usually meditate on the Sorrowful Mysteries like Jesus being scourged at the Pillar.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast