Page 49 of 75 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny Stuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Both sets of my Great Grand Parents on my Dad's side came from Sweden.
    I should have guessed that, based on your surname, that you had roots in Sweden. Do you have any traditions from your grand parents that you keep alive or speak any swedish?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny71 View Post
    I should have guessed that, based on your surname, that you had roots in Sweden. Do you have any traditions from your grand parents that you keep alive or speak any swedish?
    Unfortunately not. My Grandpa visited Sweden 3 times. I wish I could have gone with him, but I was young and in school. What part of Sweden do you live? I do remember my Grandma had a cassette of funny and silly Swedish songs. I remember one called: Catch a pickled herring, put it in a barrel, save it for a rainy day. We used to laugh all night listening to that. I also have some Norwegian in me as well. I am related to some Larsons and Dahlmans. I would love to visit that part of Europe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Unfortunately not. My Grandpa visited Sweden 3 times. I wish I could have gone with him, but I was young and in school. What part of Sweden do you live? I do remember my Grandma had a cassette of funny and silly Swedish songs. I remember one called: Catch a pickled herring, put it in a barrel, save it for a rainy day. We used to laugh all night listening to that. I also have some Norwegian in me as well. I am related to some Larsons and Dahlmans. I would love to visit that part of Europe.
    Don´t recognize the song, but I bet there are tons of silly songs that I don´t know :-)
    I live in the north part of Sweden, it´s about 1 300 miles north of Stockholm. If I did the math correctly, we use kilometers instead of miles... It´s about an hour by plane. If you get the chance do visit Sweden, or all of Scandinavia. Every country has it´s charm. Like everywhere else in the world I guess, but it´s only natural to be a bit proud of your home. Isn´t it?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    It's not. It was photoshopped to demonstrate the phobia some people have of a duck watching them.

Anatidaephobia is defined as a pervasive, irrational fear that one is being watched by a duck.
    it is pretty prevalent during duck hunting season around here! With treatment and right meds you can over come it though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How eight year olds view grandparents.

What is a grandparent? If you are not a grandparent you will still love this. If you are it shows how precious the babies are and what we mean to them.

Taken from papers written by a class of 8-year-olds:

Grandparents are a lady and a man who have no little children of their own. They like other people's.

A grandfather is a man, & a grandmother is a lady!

Grandparents don't have to do anything except be there when we come to see them. They are so old they shouldn't play hard or run. It is good if they drive us to the shops and give us money.

When they take us for walks, they slow down past things like pretty leaves and caterpillars.

They show us and talk to us about the colors of the flowers and also why we shouldn't step on “cracks.”

They don't say, “Hurry up.”

Usually grandmothers are fat but not too fat to tie your shoes.

They wear glasses and funny underwear.

They can take their teeth and gums out.

Grandparents don't have to be smart.

They have to answer questions like “Why isn't God married?” and “How come dogs chase cats?”

When they read to us, they don't skip. They don't mind if we ask for the same story over again.

Everybody should try to have a grandmother, especially if you don't have television because they are the only grownups who like to spend time with us.

They know we should have snack time before bed time, and they say prayers with us and kiss us even when we've acted bad.

A 6-year old was asked where his grandma lived. “Oh,” he said. She lives at the airport, and when we want her, we just go and get her. Then when we’re done having her visit, we take her back to the airport.”

Grandpa is the smartest man on earth! He teaches me good things, but I don’t get to see him enough to get as smart as him.

It's funny when they bend over. You hear gas leaking, and they blame their dog.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THE 2010 DARWIN AWARDS

You've been waiting for them with bated breath, so without further ado, here are the 2010 Darwin Awards.

Eighth Place: In Detroit, a 41-year-old man got stuck and drowned in two feet of water after squeezing head first through an 18-inch-wide sewer grate to retrieve his car keys.

Seventh Place: A 49-year-old San Francisco stockbroker, who "totally zoned when he ran," accidentally jogged off a 100-foot high cliff on his daily run.

Sixth Place: While at the beach, Daniel Jones, 21, dug an 8 foot hole for protection from the wind and had been sitting in a beach chair at the bottom, when it collapsed, burying him beneath 5 feet of sand. People on the beach used their hands and shovels trying to get him out but could not reach him. It took rescue workers using heavy equipment almost an hour to free him. Jones was pronounced dead at a hospital.

Fifth Place: Santiago Alvarado, 24, was killed as he fell through the ceiling of a bicycle shop he was burglarizing. Death was caused when the long flashlight he had placed in his mouth to keep his hands free rammed into the base of his skull as he hit the floor.

Fourth Place: Sylvester Briddell, Jr., 26, was killed as he won a bet with friends who said he would not put a revolver loaded with four bullets into his mouth and pull the trigger.

Third Place: After stepping around a marked police patrol car parked at the front door, a man walked into H&J Leather & Firearms intent on robbing the store. The shop was full of customers and a uniformed officer was standing at the counter. Upon seeing the officer, the would-be robber announced a hold-up and fired a few wild shots from a target pistol. The officer and a clerk promptly returned fire, and several customers also drew their guns and fired. The robber was pronounced dead at the scene by Paramedics. Crime scene investigators located 47 expended cartridge cases in the shop. The subsequent autopsy revealed 23 gunshot wounds. Ballistics identified rounds from 7 different weapons. No one else was hurt.

HONORABLE MENTION: Paul Stiller, 47, and his wife Bonnie were bored just driving around at 2 A.M. So they lit a quarter stick of dynamite to toss out the window to see what would happen. Apparently they failed to notice that the window was closed.

RUNNER UP: Kerry Bingham had been drinking with several friends when one of them said they knew a person who had bungee-jumped from a local bridge in the middle of traffic. The conversation grew more excited, and at least 10 men trooped along the walkway of the bridge at 4:30 AM. Upon arrival at the midpoint of the bridge, they discovered that no one had brought a bungee rope. Bingham, who had continued drinking, volunteered and pointed out that a coil of lineman's cable lay nearby. They secured one end around Bingham's leg and then tied the other to the bridge. His fall lasted 40 feet before the cable tightened and tore his foot off at the ankle. He miraculously survived his fall into the icy water and was rescued by two nearby fishermen. Bingham's foot was never located.

AND THE WINNER IS... Zookeeper Friedrich Riesfeldt ( Paderborn , Germany ) fed his constipated elephant 22 doses of animal laxative and more than a bushel of berries, figs and prunes before the plugged-up pachyderm finally got relief. Investigators say ill-fated Friedrich, 46, was attempting to give the ailing elephant an olive oil enema when the relieved beast unloaded. The sheer force of the elephant's unexpected defecation knocked Mr Riesfeldt to the ground where he struck his head on a rock as the elephant continued to evacuate 200 pounds of dung on top of him. It seems to be just one of those freak accidents that proves... “S-- t happens,” that immortal bit of “hippie” philosophy.

IT ALWAYS SEEMS IMPORTANT TO THANK THESE PEOPLE FOR REMOVING THEMSELVES FROM THE GENE POOL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too funny!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HOW IS NORMA?

A sweet grandmother
    Telephoned St. Joseph 's Hospital. She timidly asked,
    "Is it possible to speak to someone who can tell me how a patient is doing?"

The operator said,
    "I'll be glad to help, dear. What's the name and room number of the patient?"

The grandmother in her weak, tremulous voice said,
    "Norma Findlay, Room 302."

The operator replied,
    "Let me put you on hold while I check with the nurse's station for that room."

After a few minutes, the operator returned to the phone and said,
    "I have good news. Her nurse just told me that Norma is doing well.
    Her blood pressure is fine; her blood work just came back normal and
    her
    Physician, Dr. Cohen, has scheduled her to be discharged tomorrow."

The grandmother said,
    "Thank you. That's wonderful. I was so worried. God bless you for the
    good News."

The operator replied,
    "You're more than welcome. Is Norma your daughter?"

The grandmother said,"No, I'm Norma Findlay in Room 302. No one tells me s**t

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely deliciously funny funnies, thanks
    Jolanta

Page 49 of 75 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast