So how do you deal with receptionist that rules the surgery?

A couple of months back I developed a cough that was so bad I was coughing until I vomited and couldn't speak because it aggravated the cough, I went and saw my ENT who put me on antibiotics and told me if it wasn't better by the end of the course to come back and he would arrange a x-ray as he didn't know if it was medication caused (methotrexate) or severe flu....the cough didn't get better and when I phoned the receptionist to get another appointment, she told me 'think its best you see your GP about this', anyway I said 'no Rhuemi wanted to see me again (in between coughing my lungs up), and I asked to leave a message for him to speak with me, so after alot of huffing and puffing she said she would.

Afternoon came and no reply, so I called again, another lot of huffing and puffing from her and then she said hold on, came back and said she got him to do a form for a chest x-ray, got the x-ray done and then I phoned to get the results, you know she wouldn't even put me through to him she said 'I'll read the results to you' and then proceeded to do so...I was so mad, but what do you do?

As it was chest was clear, but cough remained, it was so bad one night i was beside the toilet seat coughing and throwing up and was having trouble catching my breathe - the next day i just went to my GP because it wasn't worth the hassle to try and see Rheumi, as it was it took 3 lots of different antibiotics to clear (and 4 weeks later).