Hopefully it stays that way.
    Take care indeed, Jack!
    Keep us posted if possible...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack, wish you would tell us what is going on. I hope you get better fast!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack we only nag you because we care and Sangye has taught us well...We gotta take care of each other....please keep us posted... I'll send you some crunch bars.....tempting uhhh
    Want to see a miracle? Plant a word of love heartdeep in a person's life. Nuture it with a smile and a prayer and watch what happens...Never underestimate the power of the seed!

My mojo for today.....gonna be johnny apple seed and just keep planting
    Lisa Marie
    The happiness of people is not necessarily to have the best of everything...but make the most of what you have!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaMarie View Post
    I'll send you some crunch bars.....tempting uhhh
    I've just eaten one, it helped a lot!

OK, I seem to be getting better so I'll let you know what happened.

I cough a lot. Far more than most of you will appreciate I think and when it gets too bad or turns to infection, I change my antibiotics for a while and get it back under control. It has been getting quite bad during the past few days and last night I think I woke up every hour to have a coughing session. I was just waking up and started to cough again, but this time I could tell that it was more liquid and there was lots of it - it was pure blood! Oh dear, that's not good!

I worked out that this was coming from the area of my throat rather than lungs because it would drip out of my mouth (sorry to be gross) if I leaned forwards. Anyway, every time I decided that I would have to get myself to the ER it would stop, but then start again if I had a coughing session. I did not want to spend time in hospital, so I took the stupid option of staying at home with the promise to myself that if it had not cleared up by 10 o'clock I would go to hospital.

Well, it has cleared up. Still quite a bit of blood in the mucus, but it is old stuff and getting less all the time. I guess that I must have burst a blood vessel in my wind pipe because other than all the blood I felt fine. One of my better days if anything.

OK, you can nag now. I wanted to get it off my chest (so to speak ) earlier, but was not in the mood to be told what I already knew. Thanks for the support. Panic now over. It scared the hell out of me.
    Last edited by Jack; 04-05-2011 at 01:34 AM.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I've got a lot of really bad stuff happening this morning, but I'm not going to tell you about it or you'll nag me about going to ER. I think I've got it under control and it is not Weg's symptoms, but still scary as hell! I'll let you know which way it goes, or not as the case may be.
    I know you'll make the best decision for yourself so I'm not gonna nag you. Not yet, anyway.

I hope whatever it all is, you can get it under control easily.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah! I see you slipped in an update while I was leaving my last reply. I agree that it sounds like a burst blood vessel that has healed itself. I think you made the right decision.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yikes, that does sound very scary!! I'm glad it is getting better, I hope you can get some good sleep. Coughing sucks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I switched antibiotics this morning and I seem to be coughing much less already. Not sure they can act that fast, but I'm not going to question it too much.

Thanks for the considered response Sangye. I feel much better knowing that perhaps my action was not quite so stupid.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to hear things are settling , hope you have a better night to night. take care

Page 61 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast