Likes Likes:  0
Page 95 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast

Thread: News of Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so sorry for your loss. Jack was such a great friend to all of us. I am very sad about his loss.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack was my good friend since I joined this group 3 years ago. I can't even begin to describe how deeply I feel his loss. I offer my condolences and prayers to his family whom he loved so dearly.

A year and a half ago Jack started the thread http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.c...hts-dying.html which inspired some wonderful dialogue. This morning I read the entire thread through again. The thread got sidetracked and recovered and sidetracked and recovered--typical of all our discussions! But towards the end of it Jack posted this:

"I don't follow an organised religion, but I am still fairly comfortable about dying. If there is nothing to follow after death, then what's the problem? You'll know nothing about it anyway. If you are wrong and there is a whole new existence, then it will be an adventure."

May he be enjoying the very best adventure right now and never know suffering again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Karen, Georgie and Beckie I'm so sorry for your loss. Today the world is a smaller, darker place because of the loss of such a wonderful, caring, compassionate, funny, wise man. He has touched me deeply and I'm sure many people around the globe can say the same thing. I'm so sad to hear this news. So terribly sad! But as Sangye said and in Jack's own words, who knows what he's going through right now, one thing is for sure - he's not suffering with all the nasty physical stuff that he has been for the last while. He will have a special place in my heart for the rest of my life. Much love to you and yours during this time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A light has gone out, and a cornerstone of this forum removed. My heart goes out to all of Jack's family, he was such a wonderful gift to all of us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack gave me such wonderful advice when i was diagnosed,a great support and a great man,and his passing is a deep felt loss in the world.My love and condolences his family,and to every one who has known him,been touched by him, and miss him now he's gone xx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so sorry for your loss. I haven't been on this forum for long, but in my time here I have enjoyed and benefited from Jack's wisdom and wit. He is an exceptional individual. He is very much loved by many on this forum. My condolences and prayers go out to your family.
    Last edited by norcalian; 09-26-2011 at 06:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very sorry to hear this sad news. Condolences to Jack, family. They will miss him dearly, as will we .
    Brendan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a sad loss of a fine man.don't know what else to say.
    john.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rest in peace Jack.

Forever in my thoughts,
    A true gentelman and sage he will be greatly missed. His advice here will continue to benefit others for a long to to come.
    Never forgotten.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely startled by this sad news. No longer seeing Jack's avatar on the forum won't seem right. I am so sorry for all of you. He certainly fought this disease for a long time.

Page 95 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast