I had rtx infusion #23(?) yesterday. Thirty minutes before the rtx was started, I got a dose of solu medrol, benadryl, and Tylenol. The infusion proceeded normally under the accelerated protocol. (It only took two hours for the rtx after they started it.)

I usually don’t sleep well the night following treatment. Last night/this morning was worse than usual. I had mild heartburn again (second time), so I will do a 14-day course of Prilosec OTC at Dr Fussner’s recommendation. Being sleepless at 3:30 AM, I researched the side effects of rituximab, solu medrol, and Benadryl. Rtx and solu medrol both list heartburn as a side effect. I’ll mention this to Dr Fussner when I see her in a couple weeks, and I’ll make a note to self to start a course of Prilosec a couple days before my next rtx.

On another note, I wonder if age has anything to do with reactions to medications. @drz mentioned his thoughts in a post a couple weeks ago. He’s 80 and I’m 77. I had pronounced reaction to the flu, Covid, and RSV vaccines when I got them in early October. I had injection site soreness from all three and I fainted once after the RSV (fainting listed as a side effect). It was the first time I reacted to the flu vaccine in over 30 years.