I'm happy to announce that tomorrow will be my infusion day for Rituximab after hearing about it from 2011, begging for it in 2014 until now! Unfortunately the disease is hungry again and it started eating me. This would have happened last year and the year before but because we were still in an active pandemic it was too risky. Well, GPA/Wegener's was hibernating for the longest time and as it started on me again a brand new symptom I've never had started...hearing problems in the left ear. I've heard about that before with the disease but never experienced it. My cough is back in full swing. The kidneys are at 100% function but some markers for the kidneys jumped from the mid 20's to 63 in just one month. I know it should be less than 2 and it has not been under 10 in 12 years, maybe more. My question for those of you that have already had it is, are there any preparations I need to do like I did with cyclophosphmide?? Drink lots of water to avoid bladder problems was what I remember, but I have to remind myself this is target therapy and not chemotherapy. I've had 4 bottles so far, just to be on the safe side. I want to stay hydrated. I'm still ANCA negative surprisingly with all of what's been happening this week.

Onto a much bigger concern... I've had intermittent water leaks in my ceiling over the years. The maintenane guys found mould in my bedroom closet and linen closet! They are aware of my medical condition so I've put a major urgency to fix it. So because of that, I'll be staying with family for a while after treatment. I'm scared to come home to water damage, wet carpet and holes in my walls that triggered this by thunderstorms.

I'm not too worried about tomorrow, possibly Tuesday if it gets delayed like they told me...but are there other concerns I should take into consideration besides stay hydrated? I have said to a few friends last week, I wish I could sue Vasculitis for all the damages it has done to my multi million dollar body!