This disease sure does move fast. On Sunday my husband and I went to brunch. I felt kind of blah and did nothing the rest of the day. On Monday I woke up with a very sore throat. By Tuesday I was wheezing. I got into see my ENT Wednesday at 10:30 am. It was bronchitis, and he said if I would have waited it would have quickly turned into pneumonia. He is the Harvard educated NYC doctor that tested me and diagnosed my Wegeners. He is a surgeon and has performed a number of reconstructions for saddleback. I am to have lung X-ray. I was sent downstairs at the clinic to have my eyes checked (I remember what happened to Alysia)
Just need new glasses, no sign of Wegeners there.
My husband was my official driver and to be perfectly blunt I looked like Hell. No wig, no makeup and sick as a dog. When I stepped out of the eye doctor’s I took a quick look at frames. Picked up a Bohemian looking pair, round, navy and white stripes. I slipped them on, and no kidding, I looked like a cross from the 80’s sitcom The Golden Girls, and the wrath of God.
ENT put me on antibiotics and prednisone. Yuck.
My chest is still tight but it is loosening a bit. If I don’t notice a substantial difference by tomorrow I will call him back.
Charlotte is not a sleepy southern town. It is a city on the move in the south. In the past decade the growth has been phenomenal and with that comes the demand for top notch physicians.
Masha