Had my appointment today with a rheumy..after all the bad reviews I have read I was so nervous to go.

SHE WAS GREAT and yes she has treated many patients with GPA. I was in her office for over 2 yrs with my brother. After her asking hundreds of questions, full exam and looking back at all my testing etc. Yes, I do have GPA. She is doing more blood work (I will do it tomorrow) and also a CT Scan of the lungs. She said my lungs don't sound good at all. Once she gets all the results back, she will call me and discuss the treatment I will be on etc etc.

So, that's were I am at right now. It doesn't feel real at all! Denial I think. She also said when I had GBS last June , it was NOT GBS it was GPA and she will be contacting the neuro doctor who treated me. She was very very upset when she saw just how many times I had done to the doctor and no one was listening to me...I really really like this doctor and believe I am in good hands. She has already called me at home to ask more questions and see how I was doing, which made me feel so good.
AND, having my brother there to hear it all (as he also at times would say it was just anxiety) lol ya right

Anyways, I just wanted to share that yes I do have GPA and look forward to this group for support and learn as much as I can about the disease.

Thank you everyone

Sue