Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
In Israel no dr ever suggested me any of those meds. Never heard of them. Eventhough I am on pred since 2008 and already have osteopenia. What all docs here suggest is calcium 600mg plus vitamin D. Even an endocrinologist dr that I saw few months ago, only said to double the calcium. Nothing else.
I will most likely refuse any of these meds. There are only two categories. The Fosamx type meds have side effects of severe breaks of the femur, pelvis etc. as well as causing bone death in the jaw for people with weak teeth. The other type is Forteo which has a side effect of bone cancer. I think I am better off increasing my gym time and continuing with my calcium and d3 and the new suplement Strontium prescribed by my amazing PCP. I go to the dentist next week to see if he thinks I would be OK with Fosomax. If he says yes, I will NOT take it because my PCP is dead sense against it. She is OK with Forteo, but insurance will not approve it unless the dentist says Fosomax is too dangerous. Forteo costs thousands (yes thousands) of dollars every MONTH. No way can I afford that!!!