Hello,
I had my 2nd Rituxan infusion 2 weeks ago. Afterwards I developed a rash and had an on off low grade fever. I have noticed i choke when i drink since the last infusion and sometimes when i eat. Not constantly, just enough to be noticed. Its not messed with my breathing. I didn't think it was a big deal, so I didn't call the doctor. Then I got to the 3rd infusion and the nurse asks if I had a rash or fever. I answered truthfully. I just thought it was par for the course. The rheumatologist on call wouldn't okay me doing the 3rd round till I was seen. Today my rheumatologist approved the infusion, but I'm starting the benadryl tonight. That's in addition to the IV version that I will have in premeds with steroids and antacids. I'm supposed to stay on benadryl for the next 3 days. She is also having them run it very slow tomorrow. She said that if I have another reaction, this medication may be off limits for me.while I get that I could die froman an allergic reaction, I am concerned about.cutting off the medication that seems to be what keeps most people healthy.
She also was not pleased that my saddle defect is still rapidly progressing, my ankles are now swollen in addition to my knees. I've also developed edema in my hands and some fluid in my elbows. The crusting is also secere enough thst my nasal passages are considered blocked and the airway compromised. So the wegners is still active.

Has anyone had reactions on 2nd and further infusions when the 1st was fairly calm (hot flashes and elevated heart rate)? At what point are reactions something to call the doctor about? I really didn't think of this as a big deal until the nurses and doctors got all excited. It was just a rash, not a really nasty one. More annoying than anything. Should I be concerned?