Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On the hunt for a 2nd AI

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've gone to a few Juvenile Arthritis National Conferences (they cover all rheumatic diseases) and was really surprised at how many people have multiple AIs, plus how AIs run in families. A couple of other moms I met had over 15!! I could be wrong but I think the statistic was with one AI you have a 40% chance of having another. :-(

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could be wrong but I think the statistic was with one AI you have a 40% chance of having another.
    That doesn't surprise me. I suppose if you are predisposed for an AI, then many issues can crop up. It seems that the proper dx for an AI is a very thin line from one to the other, too. Just in the medium artery area you have Wegs, MPA, and Churg-Strauss. I can totally understand where someone might have 2 or 3 different AI's at the same time. I don't see how the doctors can sort things out. Must be very difficult.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vdub, I'm sure some of your already listed conditions are AI's, why would you want another to add to your list

I have a handful of them, if you want one.

I certainly hope that they can get on the top of things soon.
    drz is right - let someone else do some lifting for you, for the time being. It's not very long
    If it's a pride thing, then for your sake, swallow it - Deb also makes a good point, this ban is there for a very good reason. I'd hate to see something ever happen to you
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12