Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cyclophosphamide and fertility

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I've been told, I shouldn't get pregnant for 6-8 months after finishing the cyclo, but after that it is not an issue to try. Whether it happens or not is another thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello.

I had cylco when I was 14 years old, and my periods stopped for a long time - and I was convinced that I had been left infertile as a result.

But, as you can see, I got pregnant in my early twenties and went on to have 2 more chidlren thereafter.

When I was given cylco, my Rhemy gave me 'ovarian protection' injections, to induce a temporary menopause, which was meant to protect my eggs. When the cylco treatment finished, my periods gradually came back and I went on to have another pregnancy.

I have been on Ritixumab for quite a while now, and even breastfeeding still.

Good luck. xxxx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gwen, how are you feeling these days?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Sangye
    Not too bad... I've been having unexplained breathlessness lately, and my peak flow rate has dropped, so my Rheumy is sending me for a neck CT and lung CT to see what's going on. I also have a 'lump' of some kind in my throat, but no one knows why, so having some investigations re that.

I'm a bit concerned that there's something going on as my CRP and ESR keeps creeping up, but the good news is that i'm still ANCA negative, and i'm still covered by my last infusion of Ritix.

How are you getting on?

Gwen x :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm doing okay. Not great, but mostly treading water. Lately I've been feeling more hopeless than usual about getting better. The new year is hitting me hard and I'm wondering if I'll ever be able to get back to work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sangye what was your predicted date or goal to get back to work?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    Sangye what was your predicted date or goal to get back to work?
    LOL-- 3 months after diagnosis. Sept, 2006.

Okay, well not so funny... I can't even stand for longer than 5 minutes without fluid pooling in my legs and feeling all my energy drain. It isn't something that can be restored via physical means, like exercise. It's a loss of my foundational chi. I'm also unable to get out and function 2 days in a row most of the time. Going to the pool yesterday meant being at home today-- no strength to take a shower, even. None of this has changed in well over a year.

I have no way to tell when (or if) I can get back to work. My docs have no idea either, and give no prognosis. They just say do what you can when you can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sangye - my hope is that little by little you will be able to regain your strength. This has been such a tough road for you and yet you stay so positive and offer such good advice for us all -- thank God for the Internet, huh? I remember thinking when I heard that I had SS, the very worst thing in the world would be if i would have to have the surgery to fix it. When I heard two weeks ago that this was definitely the case, I was sitting there having an out-of-body experience thinking, "guess what, my world didn't just fall apart even though the *worst* thing just happened." Not to compare this at all to your situation but something horrible has happened to you and yet every day is a new day. You should be really proud of your strength battling this disease. You are an inspriration to all of us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beautifully stated Jan.
    Sangye, in a way you are working right here on these forums and helping a whole bunch of us Weggies. I am so glad you get yourself to swim even though it wears you out the next day.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast