Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I start treatment for WG on Wednesday

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey jj, welcome!
    i used to volunteer at a camp for kids with cf, back when they had camps for kids with cf!
    My daughter has WG, I do not.
    Her rtx takes much longer than 6 hours. Her day at the infusion center starts when they open and finishes when they close (first in, last out, like the marines I think!) and can run as long as 10 hours, all told. It seems they run pediatrics more slowly than adults in general.
    Best of wishes to you. I personally think Rtx is as close to a miracle drug as you can get with this disease.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the first infusion went really well. I was there from 8-4 then came home and took a nap. Pretty boring, overall.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the forum JJ. Once you are on rtx ask to regularly check your Igg levels in your blood tests to make sure that you can fight infections. If it gets too low, dont worry, there is a treatment, some weggies get Ivig. I know at least 4 friends who get it.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would suggest that you should listen to your body. If it says "I am tired" then absolutely rest and nap and do not feel guilty about it. Boring can be a good thing for us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jjwestside View Post
    Well, the first infusion went really well. I was there from 8-4 then came home and took a nap. Pretty boring, overall.
    I have fun with the staff. In about 5 minutes, I will have completed my 14th RTX infusion. Yea INSURANCE!! So by now they know me and my personality and that I enjoy having fun. So they play long nicely.

I also take my noteboook computer along so I can anxiously await any new posts to the wegs-list.
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JJ,
    Welcome to the #1 forum for our kind. I'm am glad that all went well with your infusion. It is a long day and as you get to know the staff it will get more interesting, sometimes you run into a fellow Wegeners person. I wish you all the best with you treatments. I wonder if because you are on Mobic, if that's a why you are on a lower dose of preds?
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jjwestside View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Welcome to the forum JJ. Once you are on rtx ask to regularly check your Igg levels in your blood tests to make sure that you can fight infections. If it gets too low, dont worry, there is a treatment, some weggies get Ivig. I know at least 4 friends who get it.
    I am currently doing a Cytoxin regimen and IvIg was added after the second round as my numbers dropped.
    I tend to schedule my infusions as early as I can in the morning and go to bed late the night before so I can nap

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12