User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Factors Determining the Clinical Utility of Serial Measurements of ANCA Targeting Pro

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Factors Determining the Clinical Utility of Serial Measurements of ANCA Targeting Pro

Article dated July 2016

Gist of it: (conclusion of study copied below.) very Interesting that it mentions ANCA increase among "those treated with rituximab." I'm going to ask about this.

"Conclusion
    The association of an increase in PR3-ANCA level with the risk of subsequent relapse is partially affected by the PR3-ANCA detection methodology, disease phenotype, and remission induction treatment. An increase in PR3-ANCA level during complete remission conveys an increased risk of relapse, particularly severe relapse, among patients with renal involvement or alveolar hemorrhage and those treated with rituximab. Serial measurements of PR3-ANCA may be informative in this subset of patients, but the risk of relapse must be weighed carefully against the risks associated with therapy."

Link to article:

Factors Determining the Clinical Utility of Serial Measurements of Antineutrophil Cytoplasmic Antibodies Targeting Proteinase 3 - Fussner - 2016 - Arthritis & Rheumatology - Wiley Online Library
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
    in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.
    Proverbs 3: 5-6

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this describes my situation according to my health care team. They say for me ANCA readings seem helpful. I had both renal and lung involvement and did have RTX initially as part of my treatment.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Knowledge is power 😊 Good for you that you have an indicator to help you know when to start treatment!