Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 LastLast

Thread: Finally getting off Preds

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DEE View Post
    Its how bright the colours are that amaze me , do you have to wear gkasses at all Rose
    no, I'm not wearing glasses, the doc said i have 20/30 and 20/40 vision and that I could get glasses but I told him that I will just enjoy this for now as my eyesight had gotten so bad it was like a whole new world. I may eventually have to but not for now. I was amazed at the brightness of colors too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rang wg conxult this morning to tell him the problems tappering preds as im not due to see him while the end off March
    He agrees about it been to fast for me !!
    staying on 11mg up to 15 mg if things start to go down slippery slopes again ring him straight awat
    he just was not happy with me been on 25-20mg mark !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad you called Dee, how are the eyes and eye drops!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I know im lucky to have him he always rings back within the hour if possible .and i only asked him to ring sometime this week as it was not urgent
    had abit of temperature and headache last two days but not to bad today
    Eyes doing ok he put in long distance lenses so having to use magnifying glass to read just till i go back for check up on 25th feb then i can get reading glasses
    hubby going for his tomorrow so i will be able to look foe new frame
    hands not so shaky this time so not drowning in eye drops

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=DEE;34425]Yes I know im lucky to have him he always rings back within the hour if possible .and i only asked him to ring sometime this week as it was not urgent
    had abit of temperature and headache last two days but not to bad today
    Eyes doing ok he put in long distance lenses so having to use magnifying glass to read just till i go back for check up on 25th feb then i can get reading glasses
    hubby going for his tomorrow so i will be able to look foe new frame Dee, boy this preds is the pits. I wish someone could explain exactly what is going on in the body as we decrease it as sure does cause a lot of stuff to happen. I use reading glasses also. I laughed abt the eye drops, I actually missed at times or put in more than i should have, tho didnt seem to hurt. My grandaughter told me one time "are you supposed to put in that many?" she is 6. hope everything clears up for you. hang in there... see the rheumy next week and see how to proceed in the preds decrease, even such a small amt less and I feel it. what was the highest amt you were on? did you become diabetic? I did.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was on 80mg -60mg in the beginning then got stuck at 25-20 mg problems started again when i tried moving 10mg from 12mg
    Its more the length of time ive been on high dose they worry about and becaue i have OA wether the symptoms are from that or wg
    no. everybody asks about me been diabetic as its in my family but results come back ok

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DEE View Post
    I was on 80mg -60mg in the beginning then got stuck at 25-20 mg problems started again when i tried moving 10mg from 12mg
    Its more the length of time ive been on high dose they worry about and becaue i have OA wether the symptoms are from that or wg
    no. everybody asks about me been diabetic as its in my family but results come back ok
    good on not being diabetic, it also runs in my famly but i wasnt before preds. the doc said it may go away once I am off but who knows when. I was on 60 for 4 mos. and then began to taper, only had to go back up to 50 once. I also have OA which has gotten worse but just take calcium w/vit. D and clacitonin salmon nasal spray which is supposed to help me absorb calcium better. and yoga helps with stiffness.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rose did you have OA brfore dxt od wg ? I was dxt with OA about four months before !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is OA?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OSTEOARTHRITIS mainly effecting knees and hands at first