Likes Likes:  0
Page 16 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally getting off Preds

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find walking outside gives me peace. I would love to do art. My brother and mom are very talented artist. Oh yea, my son is too. He got a Art award and was displayed in a Art museum. I'm bragging. I really am a bad artist! I'm better off throwing paint on a big white sheet of paper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also enjoyed walking and am just starting to get outside in my yard and walking around it. I sent my daughter to art school and she does web design but i'v never been able to convince her she is talented. sigh... so i pick her brain now. lol hey, try throwing that paint around and who knows what will turn out, art is in the eye of the beholder! going to decrease the preds next week, yay! are you on methxte and if so how did it work for you? i am having more side effects now and want to decrease it, will talk to doc abt it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its getting really interesting trying to draw now with the hand shakiness, one tiny stroke at a time! has any of you had eye problems on mthrxte? i have such blurred vision now. i lowered my dosage today by 1ml, i think its too strong for me and am having lots of side effects. any comments?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many milligrams of mtx are you on, Rose. I haven't had any eye issues -- or other side effects -- on 15 mg/week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rose, you need to let your doctor know. Mabey your having symtoms of Wegeners going on with the eye. It could be another medicine too?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rose, definitely never ever change your drug dosages without your doctor's okay. Blurry vision is probably from the pred. If the pred dose is high enough to cause shakiness, it'll cause blurred vision too. But like Elephant said, let your doctor know. Wegs must be ruled out first.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i get blurred vision a\nd shakes from preds because it did not happen when taking mtx and does not last as long each time i lower preds DEEx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am on 3 ml by injection of mtx wkly. i tried to talk with my doc abt it and he wouldnt listen. i may have to change from him, having trouble with his nurse also. she had called in an incorrect Rx on the azathiaprine and i got 2x what was the order, i got pretty sick from it and my liver score went sky high but the doc wouldnt listen again. he said i must have misunderstood but it clearly says on the container waht she called in. so i feel fine, didnt have all the side effects this time. i have had probs in past with meds, even over the counter, and cant seem to take lrger doses but it is a rare doc who will listen. i had a reaction to aleve, zyrtec and several other prescrips. so for some reason my body doesnt like lrger doses or long term use of also. the eye doc said i just need to change my glasses prescrip but i hate to have to get new ones as long as the preds is being lowered. cant afford a new pair every few months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need to find another doctor that you feel comfortable with. One that listens to you! Hope you find a good one soon! How frustrating!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i see him on the 26th so will see then. having to be seen long term is a challenge, most med personnel want to get you in and out quickly. when i was working rehab i used to have to fight to get more than 6 sessions for my patients and now i see it hasnt changed. talked with my nurse case manager for the insurance and she has been surprisingly good abt keeping me going. having a very tired week, hate when its like this, have to make myself move. ugh.. do you have this problem?

Page 16 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast