Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wanted: Good, bad and ugly on rituxan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Upenn bills for $35,000 for the infusion and my health ins pays $13,500 my copay is $0 since I am at the annual out of pocket maximum

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have always had mine at CC for around $32,000. I usually have to have extra steroids, Benadryl and Tylenol during the infusions. I have had 9 sessions, with the last year being just one large dose every six months. The first 4 yrs were the two week protocol. I had decided to get it done closer to home this time and was suppose to have it done this week. It got cancelled after this new rheumy had an IgG drawn and it showed to be to low. I had never had this test done before an infusion, so I was a bit confused and mad about the cancellation. I was hoping to reduce my steroids again after this infusion, I'm now back at 7mgs. I just don't really understand why they want me to wait for two weeks and have that IgG test again and then maybe they will schedule it again. I don't know whether to get in touch with CC and just have them do the infusion or be concerned about a low IgG. Anybody know much about the IgG testing or have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Jaha; 08-26-2016 at 01:35 PM.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Jaha,

I just asked a similar question about ig infusions on one of my threads and got this reply that has a ton of info about ivig:

"Post 143 of me2 is a very good one here http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.c...thread-15.html"

I couldn't find it at first til I realized "me2" is a members name and that each post is number tagged on the thread. If that number tag isn't in tapatalk it can be found by going on the forum from a laptop. (On the top right of each post)

Hope this helps.
    Gab
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
    in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.
    Proverbs 3: 5-6

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gab,
    Thank you for your reply, I think this is a very confusing subject. I will read the links you directed me to and try to understand the lingo. I am just trying to figure out if this is a normal situation for most Weggies or to see if I'm normal. haha! Wishing you all the best!
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaha View Post
    Gab,
    Thank you for your reply, I think this is a very confusing subject. I will read the links you directed me to and try to understand the lingo. I am just trying to figure out if this is a normal situation for most Weggies or to see if I'm normal. haha! Wishing you all the best!
    Well I can't speak to what's "normal" for weggies... But I think we are all pretty special
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
    in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.
    Proverbs 3: 5-6

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123