I haven't been on here, for over a week or so, as my Mother-in-Law passed away on 5/31/2016. She was very blessed to have passed on in her on home, in her own bed. There are not many people whom are blessed in that manner. My sister-in-law with hospice and a few others aided in the process. I tried to help with what ever I could at times, but it was very hard for me to be on the front lines. I was mainly there for my husband and his sisters.
I have been married to my husband for 32 years and still was not real close to her. She was a very depressed person and for about the last 5 years had no will to live. I had a very hard time with that concept as she was only 75 years old. She ended up dying from, low sodium (which caused kidney failure),COPD, and then she filled up with fluid everywhere. She would not do what the doctors told her at all, for the last 6mos. That took her, a lot more quickly, then had to.
I am glad she is no longer suffering and that she is resting in peace. I just kinda have a wish for the family that she would have cared more about doing things to make herself live longer. At the end she told us she wished she would have done things differently, but that she knew it was to late. I know depression is a horrible thing and I can only hope that I never have to see anyone give up like that again.
If depression is an issue with any of you please get help, so that you don't ever give up.