User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Need some love from my fellow Weggies (& advice!)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you all for your advice! I have to look more into Obamacare and Healthcare Navigators. I think, as you said Anne, it's time for me to leave my current job. I'm thinking about jobs where I could work from home and still be full-time with benefits. I have some project management and event planning experience from my current job and switching to an area more focused in what I enjoy could be very helpful. Then I could supplement my income with writing and try to work on building up a portfolio and a website in the mean time. I feel as though I don't have enough time in the day to do everything I need to do and I'm especially tired right now. I think my Wegs fatigue is really taking over now that I have additional things to worry about. I have been taking melatonin but I still have had some difficulty falling asleep at night.

Maybe, I'm just really overwhelmed. I feel like I'm not really keeping my head above water right now and I need more time for myself. If I could secure another full time job and take some time off before starting up my next job, it would give me a break. I guess I'm not 100% sure what I need right now but I can say for sure that I am overwhelmed and emotional. My brother, who is in his second to last semester of college, will be living at the house over the summer as well. I think being around him and my Dad will be helpful because we can all be together and I won't have to worry as much from afar. My current job is located right next to the hospital I visit so often to take care of my Wegener's and it's the last place I saw my mom alive. I think I really need to get away from anything medical in my job. Medical issues have played far too large a part in my life thus far and I'm at a point where I would rather take a huge pay cut and be a camp counselor than continuing managing research grants for physicians. I need to be away from it.

I know the insurance is important but I feel like I want to make my happiness more of a priority. I have a hard time concentrating on things besides creating happiness and mourning my mom. Thank you all for offering your condolences and advice. I know taking care of my Wegs is a priority but I just have to do some complaining about how its another thing I need to balance in my already burdened mind.
    Last edited by jlove; 04-15-2016 at 07:17 AM.
    Diagnosed October 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad you unloaded all those feelings, jlove. That's what we are here for. Being with your dad and brother over the summer sounds like a good thing. I can understand your wanting to leave a job involving medical issues, and can also understand your indecisiveness. It sounds like you have a lot of good qualifications for eventually having a job with benefits that you can do from home, or that is at least in a different field where you can use the same skills. It is so true that Wegs takes a lot out of us at the same time as we are dealing with life events, losses, and decisions about moving forward. I guess I can use the old AA mottoes, 'one day at a time' and 'take it easy'. Not that I really think AA invented those sayings, but they've made good use of them. They apply to everyone, really, and I need to think of them more often, too. Best of luck in embarking on a plan.