Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lab frequency in remission

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default lab frequency in remission

I have "graduated" from getting labs monthly for a year or so, then every two months, and as of my eval today I'm told I can have them every three months and have checkups with my doc every six months as long as I am stable and feeling well. Just curious about what others, especially those in drug remission, are doing as far as lab frequency. (By the way my routine labs are CBC, CMP, ESR and CRP.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine have been every 3 months for several years, with a doctor appointment following a couple days later. This last time I was in he changed it to 3 1/2 months! Progress!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    ----Arleta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still doing labs monthly. Since my labs have been pretty stable for two years plus, I'm going to ask my wegs doc about doing them quarterly.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have my blood done every month, fbc,pr3,crp,esr. My pr3 goes up and down between 6 and 13, that's why I have my blood done monthly, I have been in medical remission for over 2 years, all my labs have been good except my pr3, a blood test every month to me is peace of mind.

Regards Woz...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine are done every three months, with a GP follow up a couple of days later.
    Rheumy appointments are now every 8 to 9 months and ENT appointments are every 8 months, so basically I see either ENT or Rheumy every 4 months.
    Ophthalmologist is every 12 months.

Has been this way for a couple of years now, but I do have a script for in between months if I ever need it - thankfully (touch wood) I haven't yet
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My labs are done on a 3 month interval after my appointment with the doctor. We do them the same day since it's a 4 hour drive each way. I have been off prednisone and had my last rituximab infusion in 4/15

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm like Pete, even through I am in remission and only on pred, she wants them done every month. Which I really don't mind,I would rather be on top of the game then to go 3 months and find something has gone wrong. I see her twice a year or I can call her anytime I have a question.
    But congrats to you on making progress.
    When I was up at CC last time I did ask her about the PR-3 lab work and she said it really isn't a good marker ( kinda like anca ) and also said to be honest she won't know how to treat it if it came back abnormal. She looks at other things to see if there is an issue.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am in remission, and I still get labs every 3 months along with a checkup at the rhumey.
    "It takes less muscles to smile than it does to frown!"

-A quote to a doctor from me, in the hospital, while giving him a Bells Palsy smile (I was on some gooooood drugs at the time)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Labs every three months, checkup too. I am in medicated (RTX) remission.

I agree that "graduating" is emotionally hard, especially after a harrowing illness and being totally dependent on our doctors for our well-being.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been considered in drug induced remission for a few years but sometimes my residual symptoms increase and then so do my monthly labs. If I can get three tests that show a good negative ANCA in a row, then I can cut back to six weeks and then every other month. After a year of this then maybe quarterly labs which would be fine since I need labs that often to monitor my diabetes anyway. Other things that can require monitoring are liver and kidney function and other things too like anemia or infections.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast