Just thinking out loud here. I've gotten pretty faithful about exercising over the past couple of months. Now walking 2+ miles 3x weekly and doing resistance training 2x weekly. I feel really good. But my pred belly (taking 5 mg/day as a minimum dose that keeps symptoms away) is showing no signs of going away. My abdominal muscle tone is poor as I have difficulty doing crunches correctly and can't do sit ups at all.

I'm seeing a dietician next month to see what I can do so that 1) my clothes fit better 2) I'm meeting my nutritional needs, and 3) I can continue to lead an appropriately active life style for an almost 70-year old. About a year ago, I was working with a chiropractor/wholistic doc and was getting good results until he died unexpectedly and I went off part of the plan. Since then, I've gained 8-10 pounds.

The chiropractor has me eating more healthily. More fresh fruits and vegetables, whole milk dairy (milk and yogurt or Skyr), more oily fish, a little less red meat, and virtually no processed "foods". He was doing morphogenic field analyses (muscle testing against nutrient samples) and selling me food supplements (Standard Process brand) to ensure my nutrition needs were met. My wife has found another chiropractor that sells Standard Process, but he's a bit of a jerk, and I don't need a problem on my treatment team. I also have doubts about what is in the supplements. (What on earth is bovine extract?)

I had a good conversation with my PCP about this. He has referred me to the dietician in his office, although he admits that I'm probably looking for someone who can provide more long-term guidance. If the dietician can't/doesn't help me, the next stop is sports medicine with a doc that also provides nutritional guidance.

By any chance, would any of you have some thoughts to share about this? Thanks!!