Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Could this be related to Prednisone Taper

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about the crazy fatigue? The fatigue- still no appetite and occ what almost feels like hot flashes cont to haunt me - RA and I have discussed this and he seems to think a lot of it is related to prednisone which is why he wants to try and get me off prednisone I am ok with that as long as it is safe to do this. He feels like the Rituxin is working since the CT scan I had yesterday indicated all the nodules and cavitary lesions were gone - now that's a good thing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My sista, who's stuck in the middle, this is so awesome! Good for you... I'm not on pred, yet, and I will say, the fatigue that I feel, is not even measurable... It's the hardest to deal with... I slept, for the first almost three years, over twenty hours a day, getting up to pee, and maybe eat a little something, then back out like a light... Now I can't sleep! Always changing... So, think its both, in terms of fatigue, but in my opinion, would say the weg dog itself... Deb...
    Live,love,and laugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Middlesista View Post
    What about the crazy fatigue? The fatigue- still no appetite and occ what almost feels like hot flashes cont to haunt me - RA and I have discussed this and he seems to think a lot of it is related to prednisone which is why he wants to try and get me off prednisone I am ok with that as long as it is safe to do this. He feels like the Rituxin is working since the CT scan I had yesterday indicated all the nodules and cavitary lesions were gone - now that's a good thing!
    Hot flashes, OH YES! That was a huge problem when I was on pred. One minute, feeling fine, next minute, soaking through clothes sweating, another minute, shivering and freezing cold in wet clothes.

My hot flashes went away once I was under 10mg, but I am sure a lot of people are different that me.

Once the lungs are clear, and the RTX seems to be working, it's usually time to slowly wean off the pred. I believe that you'll feel better once you're off it.
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by debra View Post
    My sista, who's stuck in the middle, this is so awesome! Good for you... I'm not on pred, yet, and I will say, the fatigue that I feel, is not even measurable... It's the hardest to deal with... I slept, for the first almost three years, over twenty hours a day, getting up to pee, and maybe eat a little something, then back out like a light... Now I can't sleep! Always changing... So, think its both, in terms of fatigue, but in my opinion, would say the weg dog itself... Deb...
    I thought about that Deb but when I was first diagnosed and GPA was wrecking havoc with my eye and lungs I did not have this horrid fatigue?

i do hope you get some good sleep and find the help you need to try and get better. But like I said before - you are the captain of your ship..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeG-2012 View Post
    Hot flashes, OH YES! That was a huge problem when I was on pred. One minute, feeling fine, next minute, soaking through clothes sweating, another minute, shivering and freezing cold in wet clothes.

My hot flashes went away once I was under 10mg, but I am sure a lot of people are different that me.

Once the lungs are clear, and the RTX seems to be working, it's usually time to slowly wean off the pred. I believe that you'll feel better once you're off it.
    Sorry you have had some of the same symptoms Mike but at least I know it can be Prednisone related

I hope I am able to titrate off the prednisone with no issues....

thanks for for your feedback!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12