Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Hi From Oz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    That's a pretty quick response. With the infusions, you won't have to feel the side effects on a daily basis like we did with the pills. Maybe you'll only need to go through that a couple more times and then they'll just stick with the RTX. Just a guess based on no experience... you probably know your projected treatment schedule. Did you get the two together, or just the CTX for starters? I seem to remember you were slated to get both, could be remembering wrong...
    Yeah 2 more treatments with cyc and rtx together...heres hoping it works...sinuses are still bit full but then its only day 6 after first treatment. Im guessing itll take another week or so to improve?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark76 View Post
    Yeah 2 more treatments with cyc and rtx together...heres hoping it works...sinuses are still bit full but then its only day 6 after first treatment. Im guessing itll take another week or so to improve?

I've read on here, and it was true for me, that sinuses seem to be the slowest to clear up. It can be just like having an ongoing head cold or sinus infection for months, except worse, with all the crusting and stuff collecting in there that needs flushing out every day.. But that might not be true for everyone. For me, the lungs cleared up very fast with oral CTX and prednisone, along with Bactrim, the prophylactic antibiotic, though you might call it something else down under.....Anyway, it sounds like things are going pretty well. I think you should feel some more improvement soon.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep bactrim here too...yeah itll be interesting to see my next chest ct...i think itll be in a few weeks time. Yeah just one day at a time I suppose...its the cough that drives me insane...causes a gagging reflex every now and then. Just noticed today acne on my back too...prob from pred...might have to get some phisohex for it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep bactrim here too...yeah itll be interesting to see my next chest ct...i think itll be in a few weeks time. Yeah just one day at a time I suppose...its the cough that drives me insane...causes a gagging reflex every now and then. Just noticed today acne on my back too...prob from pred...might have to get some phisohex for it

Phisohex! I used that as a teenager in the 1960's and hadn't thought of it for 40 years or more! i don't really get acne from pred but I know some do. I remember the relentless cough, it went on for awhile and I still get it in damp or cold weather and if really stressed or sleep deprived. A mucus thinner like guaifenesin, preferably the liquid, non DM, would help. It's the same drug as in Mucinex, made from a tree bark. This would be sold as tussin or expectorant in the cough syrup aisle. This has been discussed recently, maybe on this thread, not sure. Another thing that helps bring up the stuff you are trying to cough up is inhaling steam from a bowl of hot water, towel over head, herbs like peppermint of eucalyptus added. That can help the nasal and sinus stuff, too. Best of luck in your recovery.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just noticed today acne on my back too...prob from pred...might have to get some phisohex for it
    Thanks for this one Mark!! I still have some lingering acne on my back too, even though I am off the pred. I wonder if this would work for me? I'll ask about it!!

Thanks for the tip!!

Mike
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so here comes helouise with a house hold tip! Apple cider vinegar, like braggs, or even reg. ,white vinegar, will heal a breakout... Vinigar is antviral, antibacterial, ect... And if you don't mind smelling like a salad, then hey... White vinegar also cleans well, and its cheap... Also for those susceptible to fungas, due to lack of immunity, vinigar does this job also... Debra...
    Live,love,and laugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So day 9 aftet first treatment....is it normal to take backward steps??? As in had some sinus pain and sweats come back....noooooo.....nothing too bad but just wondering if its normal this early on in treatment...as in i thought it would continue to improve not take a step back

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't get discouraged Mark - although. I wanted things to clear up quickly after Rituxin I learned I could not force a fast heal. Eat healthy, stay as active as you can and be sure to have follow-up diagnostics

folks will say they have good days and bad days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the confounding things about this illness is the fact that it is never linear. Getting worse is not linear, getting better is not linear. I don't get too excited if in a short time I think I am getting better, nor do I get too discouraged if I seem to be going backwards a little. Expect a general trend upward from treatment and just ride out the bumps. Early on in treatment is where you expect the bigger bumps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mark, these are great replies! Me2, perfect explanation! Mark, try hard to be patient, easier said than done, I know! I learn patience, more and more everyday... This sucky sickness, seems to have a brain! He's tricky, but you'll nail em!!! All the best Mark! Deb...
    Live,love,and laugh...

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast