Likes Likes:  0
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi From Oz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mark, I took simple old Ricola cough drops...doc said fine, they had tried OTC cough meds on me...didn't work, too much mucous. The cough drops have helped, mostly they keep my throat damp so the mucous slides away...gross, but true. My sinuses were pretty much wiped out, so mucous caused coughs continue, I just control them better. Best to you.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark76 View Post
    Day 3 after CYC treatment. Some improvement in hearing and sinuses finally. But I feel like crap as in low energy and light headed from treatment. Is this normal? How long before these side effects wear off? All to go through it again in 2 weeks time. Yay!.....oh god i hope it goes into remission permanently

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    That's a pretty quick response. With the infusions, you won't have to feel the side effects on a daily basis like we did with the pills. Maybe you'll only need to go through that a couple more times and then they'll just stick with the RTX. Just a guess based on no experience... you probably know your projected treatment schedule. Did you get the two together, or just the CTX for starters? I seem to remember you were slated to get both, could be remembering wrong...
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive still got this annoying cough thats keeping me up at night....or maybe im still thinking about the fact that ive been diagnosed with this terrible disease

That cough comes and goes with me according to the weather and my stress level. OTC cough syrups usually have dextromethorphan (DM) in them as a suppressant, which I avoid because it has a rebound effect and can make your cough worse. If you can find the plain guaifenesin syrup, usually called Tussin, or expectorant, without the DM, it is better, as it loosens the mucus and makes it easier to cough up, without the rebound effect. Can be hard to find, is in most big drug stores under standard or house brands, just read the label carefully. Ricola is good, too, and would like to have known about the stuff Pete was prescribed, too.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys, raw honey, has to be raw for health benefits, is real good for stopping coughing... The one I have is raw organic unprocessed, so not heated enough to destroy the enzymes... It does work well, and its packed with natural probiotic bacteria, as well as prebiotic bacteria, to feed the probiotics... Debra...
    Live,love,and laugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgot to add, the raw organic honey contains the bee propolis, and adds an enormous amount of health benefits... If you're interested, and it does work, go to tropical traditions website, they have it, and it rocks... If you order, there's a woman named jolie, who is awesome, not sure if she's still there, as I haven't ordered lately, but she's been there for years, and is real sweet... The site is reputable and I've ordered from them for years, and never once a disappointment... They have everything... Deb...
    Live,love,and laugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgot to mention, and Anne will like this, crushed black, yup, pepper... If you can stand adding it, to fairly hot water, it will take the cough away pretty quick. Maybe it scares it away! Cayenne is awesome, but of coarse a lot stronger... The black pepper rocks because it also helps vertigo, and helps a lot with heartburn, and overall digestion... There's a lot, including turmeric, ect. But the black pepper is probably right in you're cabinet... Debra...
    Live,love,and laugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anyone lose their voice upon starting treatment? Im hoping its temporary

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had voice trouble many times over the years because of this illness and its treatments. My voice is still normal. I would bet you will see improvement within a couple of weeks and eventually be back to normal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by debra View Post
    Forgot to mention, and Anne will like this, crushed black, yup, pepper... If you can stand adding it, to fairly hot water, it will take the cough away pretty quick. Maybe it scares it away! Cayenne is awesome, but of coarse a lot stronger... The black pepper rocks because it also helps vertigo, and helps a lot with heartburn, and overall digestion... There's a lot, including turmeric, ect. But the black pepper is probably right in you're cabinet... Debra...
    This is worth a try, as is honey, but some of us get an unrelenting cough from thickened mucus that is way down in our bronchial tubes and very hard to dislodge. I rarely get this anymore but had it a couple of nights ago, it kept me awake, and no amount of honey or black pepper will touch that kind of a cough. That's why I recommended a mucus thinner like guaifenesin, a natural product made from a tree bark, used in OTC expectorants, and I advised to read the label and see that there's no DM or anything else in it but guaifenesin (maybe some sweetener added, can't help that). There are other kinds of mucus thinners, such as NA-C, which I haven't tried, but others have had good results with. I am more likely to get these nasty coughs at the end of the day when I'm tired and stressed out, and if the weather is cold and damp.

On the other hand, if the cough just won't stop and is keeping you awake, it would be OK to use some expectorant with
    DM (dextromethorphan), a cough suppressant, but only temporarily! Using it for more than a few times, within a couple of days, has a rebound effect and will make your cough worse. I found this out from experience.
    Last edited by annekat; 02-08-2016 at 02:36 AM.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anyone lose their voice upon starting treatment? Im hoping its temporary

My main voice problems were in the 2.5 years before dx and treatment, but yes, voice problems have come and gone at different times, and definitely improved with treatment. Just give it some time. I doubt the treatment is causing the problems, it's just coincidental and would be happening without the treatment. That's my guess, though everyone is different.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast